Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

minorlogic

how best Accelerate to avoid obstacle ?

My work is a obstacle avoiding. My question : i have a ( moving) body and obstacle. I can apply const acceleration to body that avoid obstacle. In which direction i need to apply that my fly path was in a maximal distance from the obstacle ? ( it can be solved as a 2d case) //------------- In a steering behavior works i found not much solutions. The first accelerate to negative direction to obstacle, and second direction from obstacle to point of possible contact. //------------- My tries to solve analiticaly do not promise solution.... The curve with a const acceleration ( as i remember ) is a parabola. So we need to find the parabola wich derivative is a current body speed and the distance from obstacle to parabola must be maximal possible.

Why does the curve have to be a parabola? Is the object moving in two dimensions? I wrote a program that did obstacle avoiding stuff once, and I just had it accelerate away from the obstacle, and it worked okay in some cases.

thanks for replay vanillacoke.

"Why does the curve have to be a parabola"
The body moving under _constant_ acceleration move by parabola.

"Is the object moving in two dimensions?" No , in 3d but thae solution lay in a plane.

"I wrote a program that did obstacle avoiding stuff once, and I just had it accelerate away from the obstacle, and it worked okay in some cases"

I agree. I have some nice solution with acceleration from obstacle , but i want to find better solution, if exist.