Modelling tutorial (link)

Started by
4 comments, last by JSwing 20 years, 10 months ago
I ran across this tonight. One guy takes you through how he made a nice 5k+ poly model. I thought it had some good tips. Character Modelling It covers both the modelling and texturing. JSwing
Advertisement
fucking hell, that''s nice

Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
very very nice.
very very nice.
Looks nice and all, but I wish I knew what program he''s using in that tutorial - or can it apply to any 3d modelling program?
I suspect he's using 3dsMax, but you should be able to do the same kind of thing in most 3d polygon modellers. I found his descriptions of why he did things in a certain way more important than the how.

In contrast, there is another tutorial on the same site (by a different artist) for a fairly generic armored warrior woman called Joan of Arc. This one is definitely 3dsMax, so some things might not work the same in other programs. Nor does he go into why he does things in a certain way, it's more of a step-by-step of what he did. I don't like it as much because it's harder to take the info and apply it to a different model. However it is insanely detailed (60 pages or so), and the results are impressive.

JSwing

[edited by - JSwing on May 28, 2003 4:34:34 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement