help on compilers

Started by
5 comments, last by prof_flexx 20 years, 10 months ago
I garuntee this question has been asked about 200 times, im sorry, but im poor and cant afford a compiler from greedy Bill Gates, who sits there with his massive ammounts of excess money while the poor people starve. Anyways where was I? Oh yes, should I download DJGPP? Its freeware and how many of you guys reccommend it? What should I get? Thanks in advance.
I am the best person in the world and you have no evidence to prve otehrwise.
Advertisement
I used DJGPP very happily for a long time, though I think it''s getting a bit out of date in these post-DOS days. Most people seem to use something called Dev-C++, though I can''t tell you anything at all about it cos I got a free copy of Visual Studio.NET Pro through my uni instead :-P
I shall check it out! Thanks! Uh should I get the beta version 5 or 4?
You might also consider developing under linux. Linux is the undisputed king when it comes to free stuff. Hell, you can download the entire operating system off the internet.
I dont wanna download another OS.

Anyways C++ , I WANTS!
This question is aked more than 200 times but OK:
There''s Dev C++ download from Www.bloodshed.com
Borland C++ compiler from www.borland.com
And Intel C++ compiler 7.1 FOR LINUX pretty good if you wanna learn C++ but poor job as a game platform [lack od direct X]
[you could switch after you master the C++ to windows
1. Dev-C++: What I use. It has a nice dev environment, works well with OpenGL, and uses the MingW compiler.
2. GCC: The GNU C Compiler. Works well, and the original MingW compiler.
3. Borland: Borland offers free command line compilers. Not reccomended.

Scott Simontis
Game Programmer in Training
Have a nice day!
Current Project: Waiting for OpenGL Game Programming Book
Scott SimontisMy political blog

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement