pico vs emacs vs vi vs edit vs notepad

Started by
48 comments, last by capn_midnight 20 years, 10 months ago
Watt i5 teh |3estest txet 3ditar evar?!?!?????!??!??!?!????!!?!??!!!! my answer is encoded somewherez in my message. Pain is the fire that tempers the soul. It is the feeling of fear leaving the body. The Cutter Project|My Junk|Association of Computing Machinery

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Advertisement
Encoded? Why would you encode an answer when its so obvious?
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk
Notepad owns all.
Once you know the commands, vi is the best. There is so much it can do. However, it has a steep learning curve that deters most poser programmers.
I''d just like to say that emacs is horrible, or at least that version of emacs (is it X-emacs or something) that involves all those stupid mouse+keyboard combination shortcuts.
Emacs is a great desktop environment and email client. Too bad it lacks a decent editor.

Honestly, they all suck. I haven''t bothered to actually look, but I have yet to encounter an editor that brings nirvana (PFE included). It doesn''t help that I include appearance as a criterion.
nano!

[My site|SGI STL|Bjarne FAQ|C++ FAQ Lite|MSDN|Jargon]
Ripped off from various people
[size=2]
''Tis true, Notepad owns all.
--------------------Though this program be madness, yet there is a method in't
VI!

emacs seems too clunky. I like vi cause it''s seems so lightweight. It''s easy to learn the basic commands too.
I like the DARK layout!
SciTE owns all.
Ever since I downloaded it about 2 months ago, it''s all I use.

[Enter the Unspoken Realm]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement