Game Idea

Started by
18 comments, last by jlowe64 20 years, 10 months ago
quote:Original post by jlowe64
I wanted to know if you guys would play if there was a such of a game. Thats all!

I couldn''t possibly answer that question: you haven''t actually propsed a game or a game idea, you''ve just proposed a setting.

It''s like saying: I''ve got a great idea for a game: Baltimore, Maryland.

What does it mean? We need more information.
Advertisement
I disagree. I would love a game based in Baltimore. Just as long as it is not an Orioles game.
Actualy, by basing it on star-gate he is sortov describing gameplay. He said it is the basic-style of MMORPG with the star-gate theme and concept. There really isnt too much more he can say if he doesent actualy have any real innovative concepts now can there?
Yes, the Stargate universe would lend itself quite nicely to an MMPORPG. I''d certainly be interested in a game like that, and I''d be interested in how you explain there being sooo many people (earthlings) that "know" about the Stargates, since the movie/series has relatively few people from Earth know of the system.

Here''s the problem, jlowe.... So would the Amber universe make a good MMPORPG. And I''d love to see a Matrix MMPORPG. How ''bout a Grand Theft Auto MMPORPG? Hey Star Trek would also make a good one... And so would HUNDREDS of other licensed universes. But as people have said, MMPORPGs are a MASSIVE undertaking-- expensive, time consuming, and a LOT more work and a LOT more things have to be considered than anyone who has just made non-massive games can even begin to fathom.

Licensing a universe would just add to the complexity, though I have to admit that it sure would pull in a lot more interest in an already-crowded market. Note we do not yet have a licensed-universt MMPORPG, though we do have rumors/promises of Matrix and Star Wars games. Everquest et al have the advantage that they can create the entire universe for the game, tailoring things like objects, cities, races, classes, etc to maintain game balance, and not be bound by any previous conceptions. Trying to do this with a licensed universe would create MASS problems, not only with design, but also with the FanBoys who would through the mother-of-all hissies because you changed something. (I think the Star Wars MMPORPG has already taken a LOT of flak for this reason!)

But please don''t let us discourage you. :-) hehheh
Stargate MMORPG:

1. Several races, ex. To''cra, Goa''uld, Human.
2. Full cusomization of Characters.
3. Several Different worlds, each with several Stargates.
4. Starships, with all sorts of custom options.
5. Each world with its own set of plants, trees, animals, and
culture.
6. Missions for individuals or teams.
7. Many weapons.
8. Rank system for each race, ex. Goa''uld''s can eventually
become a sytem lord.
9. Many Occupations based on race.
a. Doctor
b. Explorer
c. Crafter (using the unique metal in the stargate)
d. Soldier
e. Servant (goa''uld)
10. Option for Humans to receive a Symbiyote, which open up a load of options such as weapons and Mind control.

Things like this, its just an Idea. Just a few of the things that can be done.

quote:Original post by Desco
and I''d be interested in how you explain there being sooo many people (earthlings) that "know" about the Stargates

Many of the other world know about thier statgate, the only one with few ppl knowing is earth. Maybe somthing can happen that would allow ppl to know about the Stargate. Like i said i just now thought about it this weekend. and i thought it would be a good game.

I think I''d prefer the game be set in the not-so-distant future, after the entire Earth human race has full knowledge of the Stargate... kinda like that one episode set in the future, where they had a airport-like terminal set up around the stargate, and travel through was controlled, but available to all citizens. (''course, in that episode, another race was trying to kill off the Earth humans, but...)

-Desco-
quote:
I was not planning on programming or modelling myself, just a leadership role.

So you just want to watch other people make the game and do no real ''work'' yourself correct?

Just Smile and Nod...
I AM an Army of One... I just have 10,000 other Armies of One to back me up!
sorry, accidently posted twice

[edited by - ah_bk88 on May 27, 2003 9:15:32 PM]
I AM an Army of One... I just have 10,000 other Armies of One to back me up!
Well i am a great Concept artist (essential role) which i would do, I am good at composing music i would consider doing, i am a diplomatic type person, so costomer relations is somthign else i can do. As for real work all parts are equally important in making a game. As i can vouch for that.

but smiling and nodding sounds nice

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement