Game Idea

Started by
18 comments, last by jlowe64 20 years, 10 months ago
Got a small Idea for a game, might be a few issues, like copyrites and stuff but its just and idea. I dotn have a design doc, im just throwing an idea out there. What do you guys think of a Stargate MMORPG, with different worlds to go to, and missions, and space travel; you know the usual stuff in an mmoprg. tell me if you would like to play it if it was a good game.
Advertisement
It seems that everyone and their dog wants to write a MMORPG these days, and I certainly wouldn''t call it a ''small idea''.

Having said that, the Stargate universe would probably lend itself quite nicely to a MMORPG. However, your comment ''all the usual stuff in a MMORPG'' is a little bit disturbing. If you are going to all the trouble of developing a new game as complex as a MMORPG, you might as well *try* and offer something a bit different to all the other MMORPGS out there, rather than just the same thing all over again but with different graphics.
ooo sorry, didnt write clearly enough. yes there will be different things envolved. like the clash of the Humans, Goa''uld, and the Tocra (excuse my spelling). Right there the dynamics between rival species is enough to get the blood flowing. On top of that there will be a transport system using the stargate, you will be able to explore different worlds, with different plantlife and different people. There will be a sort of anticipation with going to a new world not knowing if it is taken over by one of the Goa''uld system lords. Not only that there will be a rank system, for ex. if you are Gao''uld you can eventually become a sytem lord, with different variables to determin that.

Like I said I havent really thought about it, the idea just sort of came to me. And i am sure i could write a Game Doc on the subject, just wanted to know what you guys thought of the idea.
And BTW I dont want to make this game myself, I am no programmer. But i do a little modelling. and yes the MMORPG market is flooded, but this might be able to come into a unique concept.

My part in making this game would most likely be a Leadership role, like maybe a game director or somthing. I am a very good leadership type.

[edited by - jlowe64 on May 27, 2003 2:06:39 PM]
I agree with sandman,

How much expiriance programming or developing games do you have? An MMORPG is WAAAAYYYY to complicated for the beginning game developer, and i doubt that it will be accomplished. In fact, has anyone noticed that the really good developers on the board would not attempt it without a team of a gizzilion people and funding galor. It will probably end up like the many other MMORPG''s built by amature developers, DEAD. Take my advice, you have a good idea, but your not going to be able to realize that dream on your own. Perhaps if you can get together a large passionate team, with programmers (4-8+ years expiriance) plenty of Artists, thrown in some funding (dunno how you will get that), then perhaps, but you are still talking a year or two of development WITH the large team. Think about it.
Oh, just curious, how old are you?
I would agree with the other posters about programming experience and a team of people (although that may not be so much a problem if you make a smaller game). However, I like the idea of a Stargate RPG. Sounds like a good idea.

Grant Palin
Grant Palin
ok here you go guys:

Worked for a game company earlier in the year. I was a modeller.

Graduated from college in Network Administration, and Computer maintenance.

I am at the ripe age of 19.

I was not planning on programming or modelling myself, just a leadership role. I would never attempt this on my own if I do it. And i do realize the work envolved if i do it. I just wanted to know if it was a good idea, and if you would play it if it offered a unique approach to a MMROPRG.
I highly doubt that you'll be using the Stargate IP for your game: Others have tried and been shutdown.

[edited by - cheesegrater on May 27, 2003 2:57:38 PM]
Like I said in the first post, there are copyrite issues. And i would have to get permission from MGM.

Just wanted to know if the idea was somthing that folks wanted. Thats all I wanted to know, didnt want to if I could do it, I wanted to know if you guys would play if there was a such of a game. Thats all!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement