Amazing Bug- Numbers displaying in texture!

Started by
1 comment, last by Tok 20 years, 11 months ago
I have gotten the strangest bug today- when trying to get a single 2-primative trianglefan rendering into my 3d maze, not only did the trianglefan not render, but my maze itself stopped rendering (~2,000 primative vertex buffer rendered as trianglelist). But, Strangest of all, a 2-primative trainglefan I set up (orthogonally) as a status bar in the bottom left corner of the screen was no longer displaying its regular graphic- instead, it was showing a black background with white writing- that seemed to change based on the camera''s position! Does anyone out there have any idea how this is possible!?!?!? I managed to get a screen capture with printscreen of the graphic in question: I think I''m taking the day off programming... this was just TOO wierd. ---email--- Tok ----surf---- ~The Feature Creep of the Family~
--------------------------~The Feature Creep of the Family~
Advertisement
I got something similar once doing a mod for Quake3. Turned out my memory was all over the place, so the program was just trying to work with information other than what I intended. Could be the same thing here. Check that you''re rendering the correct number of primitives on your drawprim call. Otherwise, it could be overrunning the buffer and chewing up from other areas. Can''t see the picture you posted so that''s about the best I can do right now. The number thing... probably just a freak co-incidence.
Always prey on the weak, the timid and the stupid. Otherwise you'll just get your butt kicked
For a tortoise, this is extremely hard to do, but when you get it right... the expression on their faces ...
As for rendering the correct number of primatives, I don''t think that''s in question- as I''m only rendering 2 primatives here, enough to render a quad with a trianglefan. (that''s both for the new "creature" code, as well as the orthogonal display).
--------------------------~The Feature Creep of the Family~

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement