Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ssjeci

naming a company part 2

i thought of some cool names but i want some more ideas. can some one help me think of weird names such as namco or sega.this is my favorite so far "demolition soft". thanks.

what about:> level 7, six feet, section 8, hangar, deft, fluid, kaneo, dotsoft, last, cast....

Guest Anonymous Poster
hey I have an idea how bout you open your complier and start working on programming instead of dreaming about opening some stupid company.

How about

WaveSoft
BlueRaven Studios
StarStruck Studios
WinterSoft
StingerWare
Lord Tirians Entertainment
Takabura Studios
Shamman Interactive
Lotus 14

(Im creative and just popping these up out of my head)

Seriously, not to be as harsh as the AP (damn AP''s...) but you should really think about developing a product that your company can sell before you create a name.

Taking a look at your post history suggests that your still starting out, so I don''t mean to be down on you...but don''t worry about any of that stuff...just program.

Hay I bought this learn C++ in 21 days d00ds and now I know C and I can maek games like Carmack. Hay doods what should be my company naem?

How about ASL soft
LOL soft
Elite Crew

[edited by - Captain Goatse on May 28, 2003 6:00:29 AM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
Hi i''m the programmer of this would be software house without a name, don''t bother me with c++ code, tell me how i can write a mmmorpog in 21 days with great graphics ( better than doom 3 and half life 4 )

Company shuld be named relatively to kind of games your company will create.If for example your games will include japanese elements, the company name must be in japanise style -> sega,namco...) ...

SEGA rules :-)

Guest Anonymous Poster
Sorry, had to but in here.

At least Captain Goatse has the bottle to put his name to his rantings.

All these people who post anonymously, and then just rip into a poster because they can boost their petty lives are pathetic.

The only reason I haven''t placed my name is simply because I know that that is inviting disaster to my own posts when I make them. Some posters on here are just pathetic.

Actually, a great company name can bring a lot (in the way of motivation) to a crew. Not a bad idea to get an idea for a company name before you start making the game. That way, if you decide to change it before you finish said game, changing it is as simple as changing your minds

Write names on paper, then choose the best ones.

Scott Simontis
Game Programmer in Training
Have a nice day!
Current Project: Waiting for OpenGL Game Programming Book

quote:
Original post by ssjeci
i thought of some cool names but i want some more ideas. can some one help me think of weird names such as namco or sega.this is my favorite so far "demolition soft". thanks.
Well, you could consider where those names came from... SEGA = SErvice GAmes. Try it yourself with some terms you come up with.

Jason Doucette - online résumé page: www.jasondoucette.com
projects, real-time graphics, artificial intelligence, world records, wallpapers/desktops
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." - Anna Eleanor Roosevelt, 1884-1962

quote:
Original post by Captain Goatse
Hay I bought this learn C++ in 21 days d00ds and now I know C and I can maek games like Carmack. Hay doods what should be my company naem?

How about ASL soft
LOL soft
Elite Crew
That last one reminds me... I always liked the name "Future Crew", myself. But, the fact that I had just witnessed Second Reality on a 486-33 at a time I thought a full-screen update within 1/60th of a second was impossible may have had an effect on the way it sits in my mind.

Jason Doucette - online résumé page: www.jasondoucette.com
projects, real-time graphics, artificial intelligence, world records, wallpapers/desktops
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." - Anna Eleanor Roosevelt, 1884-1962