help me from going insane

Started by
8 comments, last by Metus 20 years, 11 months ago
i''ve just started to code from scratch now with DirectX9. my problem is that my code design keeps me from working effecient. after a couple of weeks, i realize the design won''t work as the project is getting bigger. i''d really need some help so that i won''t go insane. please, just give me some design guidelines or hints so that i can keep developing....
Ethereal
Advertisement

void DoNewProject(){    bool done;    int count = 0;       GetIdea();    DoResearch();    Design();    do    {        done = Code();        if(!done)        {            DoMoreResearchIfNecessary();            RedesignALittleIfNecessary();            count++;            if(count >= SANITY_THRESHOLD)            {                if(WillingToRedesignFromScratch())                {                    DoMoreResearchIfNecessary();                    Design();                                    }                else                {                    ScrapProject();                    done = true;                }            }        }    }while(!done)    DoNewProject();}  

Brianmiserere nostri Domine miserere nostri
hey, that''ll run out of stack space sooner or later!
briteg, that was awesome...

peace and (trance) out

Mage
---------------------------------------------------There are 10 kinds of people in the world:Those that understand binary, and those that dont...Mage
You will never escape the design part of development. It's all just a part of life. You come up with some new design idea, you try it out and you'll notice what was wrong with it, you redesign it and notice what was wrong with the redesign. This is something we all suffer from.

[edited by - Cybrosys on May 27, 2003 8:53:35 PM]
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
hey, that'll run out of stack space sooner or later!

Ah, you noticed the recursion I built in. When you reach the stack overflow, you die.

[edited by - BriTeg on May 27, 2003 9:03:46 PM]
Brianmiserere nostri Domine miserere nostri
Design it first and run through all possible scenarios on paper before coding. It will help about 80% of your "oops I didn''t think of this let''s start over" glitches.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

Yes but sometimes you dont have enought experience to be able to design certain areas of the engine. Maybe its your first try and your design is extremely flawed and you have to start from scratch.
quote:
hey, that''ll run out of stack space sooner or later!

When it does your brain explodes
--------------------Though this program be madness, yet there is a method in't
hehe.. i relly loved that snippet of code, but actually, i think i found a decent way now...
Ethereal

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement