What i need to make some game development

Started by
31 comments, last by cpp boy 20 years, 10 months ago
Fair enough.

The thing about message-posts is that there is no emotion, what you write is how you are interpreted. I suppose I should sprinkle happy-faces through out my writing to not seem like an arrogant fool.

I congratulate you for your successes. But again the probability of having it better is increased with a degree. Ond of course there are always exceptions, Carmack pulled it off, and you seem to carry the experience/knowledge to teach at a university.

With your approach, perhaps all out professors should be just high-school grads at universities? Do you see what I am getting at here? You are gifted to be doing this, but people like you are quite rare, and it''s risky to assume otherwise.

If I was going to pick from a hat (1 with degrees, 1 without), there may be bad-apples in degree hat, and there may be geniouses in the non-degree hat. Nonetheless, I would HAVE to pick from the degree hat because I would stand a better chance of getting someonge who has gome through the torment of U and knows what it means to pull all-nighters, and live off of bread&water...

As far as the "last chance U" comment is concerned, I went from last-chance-high to last-chance-U, because that is all the opportunity I had at the time.

So far no employer has asked about why I went to last-chance-U, so I don''t see this as an issue.

PS: is UofC still last-chance-U? During my stay there, I thought the reputation was improving.

www.cppnow.com
Advertisement
ok AP, in response to the:
"Secondly, with what information do you base your claim that you're going to lead a better quality of life over someone who has not gone to university? I think you should look at some statistics on skilled labourers in Ontario before jumping to that conclusion. "

I am quite certain that in "EVERY" survey of grads to non-grads, WORLDWIDE, you will end up with the same conclusion, and would follow something like this:

"University graduates continued to earn more than postsecondary graduates at the college and trade or vocational level. University graduates working full-time had median earnings of $33,800 in current 1997 dollars. This compared with median earnings of $25,700 for college graduates working full-time and $23,400 for those from trade or vocational schools. "

source:www.statcan.ca
This is just one of many surveys that I googled up.

Whats worse, it does not even mention "high school grads", I would like to see the survey where "High-school grads continue to earn much higher salary than college or university grads.

www.cppnow.com

[edited by - superdeveloper on June 2, 2003 12:32:41 PM]

[edited by - superdeveloper on June 2, 2003 12:32:54 PM]
This thread has deviated pretty far from the subject topic of math & physics for games, so I''m closing the thread. Feel free to begin discussing again in the lounge.

Graham Rhodes
Senior Scientist
Applied Research Associates, Inc.
Graham Rhodes Moderator, Math & Physics forum @ gamedev.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement