Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AVISave Help !!!

This topic is 5317 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi ! I''m trying to concatenate a number of avi files into one and I''m using the AVISave function. So far the function is not returning any error and the resulting file size seems to be correct but whenever I play the resulting avi file I can only see the last file I specified earlier. So this is what happens, let''s say I have 1.avi, 2.avi and 3.avi, then I save the resulting file to output.avi. The plaback for output.avi will only show the contents of 3.avi. In order to verify whether I did it correctly I downloaded an AVI joiner in the internet and so far the file generated using their software is the same size as mine but theirs contains all the videos. All help is greatly appreciated.

Rename the two output files to .bin, then you can look at the binary in MSVC. Look at the riff header chunks, I bet they are different.

Unfortunetly, I''ve never had to work with the AVI mm functions, so I haven''t spent the god-knows-how-many hours are required to learn exactly how they work.

One problem, is that avi files can contain just about anything. They probably have to have identical formats in order to be transparently merged into one file.

Most programs probably do not support multi-video-chunk avi''s. The AVI joiner probably checks to make sure the formats are the same, then updates the video chunk size and removes the riff headers from the next two chunks - makes one video chunk out of them.

Thanks for your advice !

I checked out the files using a hex editor and I found out that you were right. My version indeed has multiple video chunks whereas the AVI Joiner contains only one. Thanks a lot !