The biggest game in the world

Started by
12 comments, last by Gevork 20 years, 10 months ago
i like this idea.

theoretically, it should work.

i don''t wanna put down anyone though, but...i don''t think this would work because it has a hell of an organization nightmare .

I eat heart attacks
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Gevork
Why not build a system, call it a game that everyone makes. A simple editor allows people all around the world to create their residence or any place using an array of objects from dogs to teaspoons.

Then they upload it to the web and connect to the system we then add it to the overall game...

users can then access our game and enter the person who has made their level by perhaps that persons residence or where they live creating a unified world, the biggest game on the planet.

The point would be a place to explore, chat and design. It would be like the real world but bits would be added to it as users make more levels. so walking up to a door opens it to users in london.

London users have individual doors and you can walk into that persons made up area.

Have I gone MAD?????

When you get that obsessed, you need to stop playing Shadowrun.

[Cyberdrek | the last true sorcerer | Spirit Mage - mutedfaith.com][ Administrator TheLinuxForum.tk]
[Cyberdrek | ]
I really hate to break this to ya folks, but such a thing already exists. It is called Alphaworlds and has been around for several years.

You can build pretty much anything you want. You use stock objects that you simply clone in-game to build. However, you can retexture them with anything simply by attaching a URL to the object. Also, you can attach sounds to objects as well. There is even an SDK you can DL that allows you to populate you constructions with bots and such. I have been a paid citezen of Alphaworlds for nearly 3 years.

Check it out, it is free to browse the worlds and you can even build with the free tourist account, however, your construction is not vandalism tagged and can be changed or destroyed by anyone.

My sig used to be, "God was my co-pilot but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him..."
But folks whinned and I had to change it.
My sig used to be, "God was my co-pilot but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him..."
But folks whinned and I had to change it.
I know about alphaworlds, and Its ok but its not great..... You feel like your on steroids and LSD and everyone looks unhuman.

Im talking meaty game play, a system where users can add their own map, like on alphaworlds but not die of bordom.

Jokes, Jokes - alphaworlds is ok

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement