Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Win32 API: Checkbox messages?

This topic is 5286 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

The listbox message prefixes is LB_. What is the prefix for checkboxese? It isn''t CB because that stands for ComboBox and the winuser.h #defines isn''t commented and there''s lot of #defines there. Anyone know the prefix for CheckBox messages? ____________________ ____ ___ __ _ Enselic''s Corner - My site. Go test my game Spatra and see if you can beat it onto the Official Spatra Top 10. CodeSampler.com - Great site with source for specific tasks in DirectX and OpenGL.

Yeah it did send that message. How do I get what state the checkbox is in i.e. weather it is checked or not?

____________________ ____ ___ __ _
Enselic''s Corner - My site. Go test my game Spatra and see if you can beat it onto the Official Spatra Top 10.
CodeSampler.com - Great site with source for specific tasks in DirectX and OpenGL.

Get the Win32 reference here:>
http://spiff.tripnet.se/~iczelion/files/win32api.zip

anyone knows how to make clickable links?

[edited by - pag on May 28, 2003 11:15:12 AM]

long res = SendMessage(mybutton, BN_GETCHECK, 0, 0);
if(res == BST_CHECKED)
// is checked
else if(res == BST_UNCHECKED)
// us unchecked

Looking at the number of topics by Enselic on basic Win32 programming, I would like to bring Charles Petzold''s excellent book into the limelight.

Programming Windows

After reading this, I found it spends more time on the shelf as I tend to only use reference manuals with win32 now.

Win32 Bible. It may be getting out of date but I still find it to be an excellent reference.

Check out windowsx.h (MSVC 6.0) lines 979 - 1190. There are a lot of macros to help in getting / setting attributes for several window types.