What does AAA mean?

Started by
10 comments, last by OklyDokly 20 years, 10 months ago
Hiya I''ve been wondering recently, what is an AAA title (what does it stand for, and what does it actually mean). If you start work on one of these titles, would you earn enough to support a living, while doing it. Thx
Advertisement
It just means top-quality. Almost flawless. Something like Mario 64. I think AAA is like a grade, e.g. B-, A+, etc with AAA being the highest you can get.
what does AA mean? :D
Abnormal behavior of abnormal brain makes me normal...
Umm they repair your car when it breaks down lol.

Is it just a grade below AA?
"triple A", it''s the grade ABOVE "AA". Think "stars" in terms of hotels: one star versus three star.

Triple A titles are the ones that get advertised on TV, in all the magazines, highly polished, the biggest publishers etc. Think "blockbuster movie" versus "made for video movie" etc...

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

A triple A title means that you won a yo-yo competition using two yo-yos for string tricks. Wait, you were talking about games...
-YoshiXGXCX ''99
Anti Aircraft Artillery.
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
AA = Anti-Aliasing.

.lick
Or Air to Air attack
Must be Alcoholics Anonymous. People who started heavy drinking after they saw their AAA games flop...

We generally refer to titles as:

AAA = Full price
A = mid price/high budget
B = Budget
C = Low Budget

There is even a D category but even if games fall into that category nobody dares to classify them as a D since it might offend the programmer. It''s never good to hurt people''s feelings of course.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement