EMP

Started by
20 comments, last by walkingcarcass 20 years, 10 months ago
What ways are there to produce an EMP? What are the technical limits of intensity, range, power consumption and limiting affected area? ******** A Problem Worthy of Attack Proves It''s Worth by Fighting Back
spraff.net: don't laugh, I'm still just starting...
Advertisement
Haven''t you see Ocean''s eleven?

Everything is better with Metal.

Any electrical device that can produce an enormous change in current over an extremely short period of time.

Try googling for a Marx generator.
Is it just a brief, intense magnetic field, then?

A Problem Worthy of Attack
Proves It''s Worth by Fighting Back
spraff.net: don't laugh, I'm still just starting...
Appearently; ElectroMagnetic Pulse
delete this;
Nuclear explosions produce EMPs. You could start by building a nuke. Those days, it might be cheaper and easier. I''m sure you could find a design doc somewhere on the net. Although, it might be in arabic or Russian. Or alternatively, look for "The Anarchist Cookbook".

I''m tired, it''s getting late...

Everything is better with Metal.

Well you could build a nuke. Any size is good for an EMP lol. Anyway another good way for a more localized emp is to build a PBW or particle beam weapon. It fires billions of sub-atomic particles that speeds up the atmoic movement in an object causing it to explode. One of its side effects is a small localized emp. Still those types of weapons require millions of volts of power, so either use your uranium to build a nuclear bomb or a nuclear power plant lol.
---------------------------------------------Warning: This post may contain traces of Q-Basic
Are you talking about a real EMP or do you want to similate one in code?
To produce a real EMP all you have to do is drasticly change the strength of an electric field very rapidly. One way to produce an EMP is to overload a capacitor and create a short.
If you want to know how strong an EMP will be you can find the equations in any Physics textbook.

I have a dream...
I just wish I had a clue.
I have a dream...I just wish I had a clue.
quote:Original post by walkingcarcass
What ways are there to produce an EMP? What are the technical limits of intensity, range, power consumption and limiting affected area?

The easiest way to produce an EMP is to turn on a light and then turn it off. It wouldn''t be a very powerful EMP...

Or you could rub your shoes on the carpet and then touch some metal...
John BoltonLocomotive Games (THQ)Current Project: Destroy All Humans (Wii). IN STORES NOW!
Apparently the forum lost my post.

Here''s the short version:

Three ways: high-power microwave(HPM), flux-compression generator(FCG), high-altitude nuke.

All three are self-destructing weapons. (i.e. you can''t do what they did in the Matrix with that large of an effect AFAIK)

The effect was accidentally discovered in nukes 700 miles away from the test zone, which gives you some idea of its range. Radio communications are disrupted over a much larger radius.

There''s a howstuffworks.com article on this.
---New infokeeps brain running;must gas up!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement