Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpinzs

Well they closed my post

kingpinzs    117
I am totally serius on making this game no matter who belives me if what''s his face thinks I am silly then he does not know about hardwaer capabiltes. any way if any one has any other commenets or anything just email me at Jeremy_King@dell.com

dede    132
All of the things you typed are possible, but I''m very unsure that all of the things combined are possible, currently...

If you want to convince people you are serous, learn to spell, and proofread...

Nero Nets
pre maid
voice requntion system
Voice recnishon
Other technologies

2. Q. how will you guarantee that it will be FUN?
A.

hardwaer
serius

are just unexcusable, they show a lack of caring...
how is your code going to look, if you cannot even take the time to run a spell checker?

how is your design document going to look? It may look more like a YodatheCoda post, rather than anything professional...

Books: The ultimate random access memory device. Fully portable, non-volatile, no batteries required, automatic bookmarks, zero compatability problems (subject to geographical zoning), perfect graphics in .text format, and no boot-time.

There is a point to me saying this. Figuring it out will answer all your questions.

TechnoHydra    122
(Can''t believe I''m replying but...)
If you want the community to shut up and take you seriously then set up a website about the game that contains a visual progress report for people to follow. And don''t worry about people stealing your ideas and stuff since the parts your working on right now are too general to be stolen.

Sandman    2210
quote:
Original post by kingpinzs
I am totally serius on making this game no matter who belives me if what''s his face thinks I am silly then he does not know about hardwaer capabiltes. any way if any one has any other commenets or anything just email me at Jeremy_King@dell.com

The other thread was closed because it was 8 pages of mostly flames, with the odd bit of pie-in-the-sky discussion thrown in.

While I respect your determination, the ''game design'' you posted in the other thread is simply not realistic. It is completely unfeasible both in terms of current hardware capabilities, and in terms of development timescales. Anyone can come up with loads of cool ''features'', but it takes a certain degree of discipline, maturity, and common sense to cut those cool features which are simply impractical.

For example - you mentioned having a realistic model for trees growing from seeds etc. What is the point? Does it actually add anything to the gameplay? Or is it just a pointless feature to waste development time and CPU cycles on? Will anyone even notice if it isn''t there?

Your design document looks like it is still very much in the brainstorming stage. That''s fine, but to take it to the next stage you have to be a bit more realistic, and by the sounds of things, do a lot of research into what is feasible and what isn''t.

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Fable (X-Box RPG) will have trees growing. But I also doubt if it will add anything to the gameplay/fun.

Ronixus    130
A game I still toy with called Cultures could have used trees (re)growing

So far, from what I''ve ''tried'' to comprehend of this idea, if I went to install it and it was compatable, after sitting through what would be countless hours of the install (and then letting it load up , I woud be utterly annoyed because there appears to be - No Point To The Game!

Have a point, state it clearly, then go from there. If it''s not interesting in any way then nobody will want to play it for what it will most likely be worth so far. Refine your ideas, realisticly, then come back and at least have a way of explaining how somethig would work and benifit the game.

Also, if you have a really hard time making it readable then, even if you have to pay them, get someone else to type it or proofread it for you so we can at least understand it

Just some advice.

- Chris

Panzooka    138
kingpinz, the reason that post got locked is that there were more flaming than serious posts.

my suggestion to keep this thread alive is to post serious, make less mistakes.

or this thread will filled up with flaming again.

btw, restarting same topic which was locked could get ur account banned or suspended, u gotta be careful.

[edited by - panzooka on May 30, 2003 6:57:22 AM]

od1n    121
That post was one of the funniest things I''ve ever read on gamedev. Its so unbelievably obvious that this guy has no experience in programming or any of the other topics he metioned (Nero networks lmao). Anyway, enough flaming time to go do some work.

Good Luck, you''re gonna need a hell of a lot of it.

Coz    169
Oh... looks like you are strong willed, you maybe get something with it, no one knows for certain, people are tired just of reading your post and dont see anything the can get their hands on and giving so many reasons for you to fail(for example you are just one guy trying something HUGE..) seems almost imposible and keeping up your idea without getting tired is really hard... but anyways it seems like you will fail, maybe you won''t, but for sure that will take a lot of your time, and if you fail, still you will gain the knowledge so if you really beleive you can do it continue, because something good is getting out of this even if you fail.

And if you ever have something to show us in here to shut up our mouth, post it, I would love to see my mouth shut in this case and trully beleive you can finish your project.

---------------------->
Nothing in the world is the way it should be; that''s why we, the champions, exist and live for: HOPE.