Well they closed my post

Started by
11 comments, last by kingpinzs 20 years, 10 months ago
I am totally serius on making this game no matter who belives me if what''s his face thinks I am silly then he does not know about hardwaer capabiltes. any way if any one has any other commenets or anything just email me at Jeremy_King@dell.com
Advertisement
All of the things you typed are possible, but I''m very unsure that all of the things combined are possible, currently...

If you want to convince people you are serous, learn to spell, and proofread...

Nero Nets
pre maid
voice requntion system
Voice recnishon
Other technologies

2. Q. how will you guarantee that it will be FUN?
A.

hardwaer
serius

are just unexcusable, they show a lack of caring...
how is your code going to look, if you cannot even take the time to run a spell checker?

how is your design document going to look? It may look more like a YodatheCoda post, rather than anything professional...
~~~~~Screaming Statue Software. | OpenGL FontLibWhy does Data talk to the computer? Surely he's Wi-Fi enabled... - phaseburn
Books: The ultimate random access memory device. Fully portable, non-volatile, no batteries required, automatic bookmarks, zero compatability problems (subject to geographical zoning), perfect graphics in .text format, and no boot-time.

There is a point to me saying this. Figuring it out will answer all your questions.
Always prey on the weak, the timid and the stupid. Otherwise you'll just get your butt kicked
For a tortoise, this is extremely hard to do, but when you get it right... the expression on their faces ...
(Can''t believe I''m replying but...)
If you want the community to shut up and take you seriously then set up a website about the game that contains a visual progress report for people to follow. And don''t worry about people stealing your ideas and stuff since the parts your working on right now are too general to be stolen.
Can''t believe I skipped that post!
Thanks for the funny afternoon :D
quote:Original post by kingpinzs
I am totally serius on making this game no matter who belives me if what''s his face thinks I am silly then he does not know about hardwaer capabiltes. any way if any one has any other commenets or anything just email me at Jeremy_King@dell.com

The other thread was closed because it was 8 pages of mostly flames, with the odd bit of pie-in-the-sky discussion thrown in.

While I respect your determination, the ''game design'' you posted in the other thread is simply not realistic. It is completely unfeasible both in terms of current hardware capabilities, and in terms of development timescales. Anyone can come up with loads of cool ''features'', but it takes a certain degree of discipline, maturity, and common sense to cut those cool features which are simply impractical.

For example - you mentioned having a realistic model for trees growing from seeds etc. What is the point? Does it actually add anything to the gameplay? Or is it just a pointless feature to waste development time and CPU cycles on? Will anyone even notice if it isn''t there?

Your design document looks like it is still very much in the brainstorming stage. That''s fine, but to take it to the next stage you have to be a bit more realistic, and by the sounds of things, do a lot of research into what is feasible and what isn''t.
It will work and I will prove you wrong. that is all I have to say about that.
Yeah, you do that!

And while you''re at it, could you make me a chocolate teapot?
Fable (X-Box RPG) will have trees growing. But I also doubt if it will add anything to the gameplay/fun.
A game I still toy with called Cultures could have used trees (re)growing

So far, from what I''ve ''tried'' to comprehend of this idea, if I went to install it and it was compatable, after sitting through what would be countless hours of the install (and then letting it load up , I woud be utterly annoyed because there appears to be - No Point To The Game!

Have a point, state it clearly, then go from there. If it''s not interesting in any way then nobody will want to play it for what it will most likely be worth so far. Refine your ideas, realisticly, then come back and at least have a way of explaining how somethig would work and benifit the game.

Also, if you have a really hard time making it readable then, even if you have to pay them, get someone else to type it or proofread it for you so we can at least understand it

Just some advice.

- Chris

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement