Hmm.. Copy "circles" not rects?

Started by
1 comment, last by -Fruz- 20 years, 10 months ago
Hmmm... I have seen some "rollerball" type games lately, and some of them use a method of getting the "rolling" look on the ball, that i thaught was knda cool. What they do is that they have a big sprite/pic with a texture on it (ball texture), and calculate where to draw from, considering the speed and movement of the ball. hmmm, maybe a little har do understand.. :\ but the real question is, how can this be done in ddraw? i dont have mych experience, so. well? any help apreciated
Advertisement
1) Animate individual frames of the ball turning. See the Donuts sample in the SDK for an example.

OR

2) Blit from a rectangular pattern in a surface onto a small square surface. Change the offset of the the source rectangle so that the pattern in the small square surface "scrolls", then Blit the outline of a circle onto the small square.
Set the colour key colour for the small square to the same as the outline of the circle. And finally blit the small square onto the screen with colour keying enabled. That way you''ll get a circle with a scrolling pattern inside it.

--
Simon O''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

ah, offcoarse. thanx very much.. didtn think of that

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement