Backpropagation Algorithm

Started by
2 comments, last by Prozak 23 years, 10 months ago
Hi all, I''m new to Neural Nets, but not that good at math, I wanted to do a basic project about this, and would like to learn the Backpropagation algorithm, were can i find a good tutorial about this? a tutorial for dummies? thanks a lot, Hugo Hugo Ferreira
Advertisement
Some time ago I had this in school. I thought it was called Artificial Intelligence. We used the (visual-)PROLOG programming language and some kind if scripting (don''t know details nomore).
I do know Prolog also used the backpropagation method.

GameDev has a high standard of intelligent people (I hope), but maybe you''re not in the right place to find good info an AI? (first time this might even be true!)

Well, games are full of AI, but not the kind you''re looking for.

I know I this doesn''t help you much, but who knows...maybe there are some people who can tell you more...

quote:Original post by pentium3id

Hi all,
I''m new to Neural Nets, but not that good at math,
I wanted to do a basic project about this,
and would like to learn the Backpropagation algorithm,
were can i find a good tutorial about this?
a tutorial for dummies?

thanks a lot,
Hugo

Hugo Ferreira

Hugo,

May I suggest you read the articles here on gamedev.net that are Neural Network tutorials? Also, you may want to learn to use the various web search engines (www.yahoo.com, www.altavista.com and others) and do a simple search on "neural network tutorials"?

I''m sure you will be able to find information that you can use to get started with.

Eric
Also take a look at the articles on www.generation5.org on backprop. That''s were I got my info.

Next I would suggest the news:comp.ai.neural-nets group.

Good luck!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement