Jim Adams RPG book: X-file load

Started by
12 comments, last by Habox 20 years, 10 months ago
Hi there,

When I got home today, I started mucking with the Meshlvl code and found out what the problem was. I also tried to load my own mesh and found that it was completely rendered white.

After using some of the other functions in gamecore,I commented out SetAmbientLight (from the cGraphics constructor), I set up a point light, turned it on positioned it over my mesh. The rest of the scene will be rendered black, because the xfiles included in the book(most of the ones I''ve looked at anway) do not contail normals their file (so light does not know how to react with them)

So it would seem that your problems lie in the fact that those two examples do not have any other light but ambient set. If it''s still white after that, TURN YOUR LIGHT DOWN LOWER!!!

At least turn on the light in the meshlvl example and you''ll be able to see the color of you''re object even without building a light.

Try this out, it''s pretty easy to implement. If you''re still stuck, I can send you my code, it might be easyier to understand, although I don''t follow the line of a good programmer and comment everything, and might be a tad messy. LOL

good luck!
Advertisement
Sounds good! I''ll try it out. Thanks!
It worked! Thanks a lot!
Right on, Right on!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement