Arcball control and Arcball Paper

Started by
6 comments, last by dede 20 years, 10 months ago
I''m trying to implement Shoemaker''s Arcball Control for a personal GUI system I''m using for my thesis... This site contains an explication, but its in Word 4.0 format Does anyone know of a good explication, or even a OO implementation of the arcball control, that I can drop into my GUI system? Can anyone translate this archic form of Word to RTF, and post it for me? Office 2000 doesn''t seem to be able to translate it... Thank you for your time.
~~~~~Screaming Statue Software. | OpenGL FontLibWhy does Data talk to the computer? Surely he's Wi-Fi enabled... - phaseburn
Advertisement
To anyone trying to help here; its not only in Word 4.0 format, but it has also been HQX''ed.
RIP GameDev.net: launched 2 unusably-broken forum engines in as many years, and now has ceased operating as a forum at all, happy to remain naught but an advertising platform with an attached social media presense, headed by a staff who by their own admission have no idea what their userbase wants or expects.Here's to the good times; shame they exist in the past.
WinZip and BinHex both HQx''s, so that isn''t the real problem,

the real problem is just getting MS Word to open it...

I tried to use the converter pack on msdn, but even that didn''t help...
~~~~~Screaming Statue Software. | OpenGL FontLibWhy does Data talk to the computer? Surely he's Wi-Fi enabled... - phaseburn
Yes, but I''ve got an older version of WinAce, which has very shaky support for HQX. Otherwise, I''ve got several versions of Word that I could try it on... wish I could help.
RIP GameDev.net: launched 2 unusably-broken forum engines in as many years, and now has ceased operating as a forum at all, happy to remain naught but an advertising platform with an attached social media presense, headed by a staff who by their own admission have no idea what their userbase wants or expects.Here's to the good times; shame they exist in the past.
HQX decoder. A Dos prompt thingy!

Page I got it from, incase I screwed up the prevous link
Okay, I''ve got the decoder... I''ll get back to you shortly...
Actually, I can''t do it without a MAC emulator...

The BinHexed files are both self-extracting executables containing the files in question, but they''re MacOS executables. I doubt there are any easy-to-configure MAC emulators out there, so here I stop... but here I announce, so others may go the extra step, if they can.

Sorry I can''t help more...
I got it and I threw it up on my website, if anyone else wants it...

Stuffit works on it, translates it perfectly...

This is my 400th post! Sooner or later, I'll be an important GameDev.net poster!

[edited by - dede on June 6, 2003 3:34:20 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement