Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ktuluorion

Faster way than DrawSubset?

In pretty much any example I see for drawing meshes, it seems like the DrawSubset function is used. Unfortunately, it seems as though that is not fast enough for my code.. I have a P4 1.5 ghz machine with a geforce 2 card, and my program only runs at 70 fps drawing a rollercoaster tycoon-style map and a few tanks on the screen. Basically, is there any faster way I can render things stored in meshes? Or am I stuck with DrawSubset?

Iam sorry to tell you that i have tried many ways to do that but you are the prisinor of drawsubset

by the way i want to ask you a question.

does the skinnedmesh sample work on your computer,will you please try all the skinning methods?, what is you version of windows?

As far as I recall, DrawSubset sets a lot of state everytime you call it. i.e. vertex and index buffers, stream source, fvf, ...etc

I believe you can get away with retrieving the vertex and index buffers and rendering from them.

quote:
does the skinnedmesh sample work on your computer,will you please try all the skinning methods?, what is you version of windows?

It was tested, and definitely ran on all *supported* versions of windows (WinMe included).
The fact that it doesn''t run on your configuration points out that there''s something wrong with that configuration, not the sample.
I believe Herb Marselas offered you help or support, so it''d be better to limit the discussion about this to the other thread (titled "bugs in dx" or something similar)