Look at my screenshots

Started by
15 comments, last by EDI 20 years, 10 months ago
Thank you again for your kind remarks=)

the pillars were made and renderd in Rhino3D,
the sprites were made and renderd in poser4,
items and character props were made in Rhino3D and or Bryce4

GUI graphics were made using Bryce4,Poser4,Rhino3D,PhotoShop6 and PicturePublisher8

the flames of the torches were added after using a program i made which lets you take an animated sprite and overlay it on another animated sprite and render frames of the result.

yeah, these are test graphics, for the tiles i used a program that i made which kinda bends the graphics to make them look iso,
i dont like it much, so i found some source code for ISOrotate and i will be modifying my program accordingly, i will also be using it to make the walls, and torches and such will be added in post render.

just to give you an idea of what to expect in the final game or demo, there will be tons of spells, i will be pushing heavily on spell eye candy *as much as can be done in 2d* using mainly
screen shakes, light area bursts and lots of fx sprites.

also unlike most realtime hack and slash games, this one will have a story lol.

i have taken a week of from developing the game, *ive been playing GTA vice city lol* but now im back on track, i will continue refining the menu system aswell as adding in-game options, *subtitles on/off*

this game is meant to be the first installment of a serries of games, based on the characters presented in the first one.

please give me more feedback, im so exited that you guys like it=)

P.S. I am willing to share the source code of my game engine, in return for other source code, at the moment im looking for some short, sweet, and lean MP3 encoder and decorder code.
(please no 3rd party compiled libraries or binaries)
*i am a strong beliver of re-inventing the wheel to make it to my taste*
*also please dont flame me about re-inventing the wheel =) *

let me know if anyone can help=)

Raymond Jacobs,
Profesional Web Applications Developer,
Weekend Game Developer,
www.EtherealDarkness.com

[edited by - EDI on June 2, 2003 10:12:58 AM]

[edited by - EDI on June 2, 2003 10:50:43 AM]

Raymond Jacobs, Owner - Ethereal Darkness Interactive
www.EDIGames.com - EDIGamesCompany - @EDIGames

Advertisement
Thank you all again for your comments=)

I will be posting more screen shots soon,

but at the moment im tied up in development of my MapEditor,
my last one I made in vb and it has a multitude of bugs, plus i have additions to the map format. The new editor is actualy being made using the Game Engine.

So keep your eyes open for more screen shots,
*either on this forum or on my site*

And wish me luck=D

Raymond Jacobs,
Weekend Game Developer,
www.EtherealDarkness.com

Those screen shots look awesome. Great job man.
Hey all you screenshot loving people,

here is a screen shot of the map editor im building,

Map Editor Screenshot
Map Editor Screenshot

feedback always welcome=D

Raymond Jacobs,
Weekend Game Developer,
www.EtherealDarkness.com

[edited by - EDI on June 9, 2003 9:34:57 AM]

So you do this at weekends eh? Phew.

Not married then I gather
EDI, nice work! I''m actually more interested in the back end stuff that you revealed. I too use XML to define all the elements of my game, which includes the user interface (planned) as well as all the animations, definition files etc. I used to use my own tagging method but I found the XML was much fuller featured and I could use the XML validators which meant I didn''t have to do validity checking on all of my definition files. So, I now use XERCES, the Apache XML project in my game.

I really like how you''ve implemented the ability to create the windows from XML definition files. Like I said, that is the plan but currently I''m working on the windowing framework. I''d be interested to learn how you handled that mechanism. My team is trying to implement an MVC pattern for our windowing framework that is reusable and definable from definition files. This is proving to be kind of difficult and time consuming. I don''t want any bad hacks though.

Unfortunately we don''t have any screen shots yet. We have examples of the running animation system (homebuilt) where each animation object will represent a node in an MVC tree. Basically I was doing the 2D on 3D textures before it became the thing to do too.

Sorry, can''t share code unless you want to make yours GPL (which is what ours will be eventually). Our code would virally infect your code with the GPL license then.

Numia Politico development website

RandomTask
IanK,

yeah not married, just a 20 year old programer who makes games during the weekend=D

RandomTask,
Personaly I dont support GPL, and as such I wouldnt want my
code to end up in a GPL product. Also I would need some sort of comensation for giving the knowledge of the inner workings of it since it did take a good amount of time and resources to build.

my screen names and emails are listed above, contact me if you want to talk more on the issue.

Raymond Jacobs,
Weekend Game Developer,
www.EtherealDarkness.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement