Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

game idea wanted!

This topic is 5311 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have learnt Opengl (with win 32 api)for the past few weeks and I am looking forward to developing a game thats not very difficult at the same time appealing! I have no maths background and I am looking for a suggestion that will let me complete the game in 2 months time, can any one help ?

Have you ever played fall down, or fall up? You could make a game like that except that you could have the ball fall in many directions instead of up or down. Thats just an idea but I personally would like the game for like a trip or something. You could also make an rpg game of some sort and the more there is to do in one of those games the funner the game will be to play it can still be a simple game unlike pong the ball bounce up and down where is the fun in that? If you were to look at game reviews the game is really heavily based upon game play so if you are good enough to make the game so there is alot to do than you should try for a rpg game.

Hope this answers you question. If not im sorry I tried. I hope that this makes sense.

How about... "checkers"? For your first time out in game development, you might not want to play too much with things like collision detection, or physics. Another good game idea might be one where you have a little guy running around a grid-style game area, moving blocks/ collecting keys/ unlocking doors... that kind of thing.

Space invaders, tetris, breakout, or pong.

Or Doom III.

"Last time, I asked: ''What does mathematics mean to you?'' And some people answered: ''The manipulation of numbers, the manipulation of structures.'' And if I had asked what music means to you, would you have answered: ''The manipulation of notes?''" - S. Lang