Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Simple Visual C++ Resource Query

This topic is 5312 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi Peeps I''m creating a Visual C++ OpenGL program that runs in a window and is effected by clicks on radio buttons and other things like scroll bars etc. I''ve created a resource to add them to the main window. I can remember being able to use simple drag and drop style creation of buttons in a resource via a small "Controls" window but I can''t remember how I got it to appear. I''ve looked on all the VC++ menus but can''t find the damn thing. Help!

Thanks BriTeg. I managed to get it to show by right-clicking on the main-menu like you said. However this was using someone elses workspace that I downloaded. On my own self-created workspace the "Controls" option doesn''t appear in the list when I right-click on the main-menu. For some strange reason it''s missing from the list. Am I supposed to do something to get it to appear? Thanks for your help.

Yes, it will only appear when you have a resource editor open. If you have a regular source file (.h/.c/.cpp), it won''t be in the list. Double click a dialog box to edit it visually, then try again.

Tried that, it still didn't appear. Oh well. Thanks for trying anyway.

EDIT: Hang on, I just re-read your post and created a new dialog box in my resource file. Then the option finally appeared. Hurrah. Thanks a lot!

[edited by - Steve-B on June 2, 2003 7:14:32 PM]