Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Safe to delete .ncb file?

This topic is 5308 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m running visual studio .NET to play around with some DX9 code and I noticed that in my project, a ".ncb" file is created which has already grown to a whopping 3MB! can I delete this without ruining the project? (ie. an option somewhere in the IDE)?? thanks!

Guest Anonymous Poster
Actually, one time I was compiling a huge project and the compiler generated 1 gig of .obj files on my F: partition, and well I had 2 megs left on it... It does make a difference , though i''d prefer having a 3mb intellisense file since they do help!

No intellisense is usefull, but a 356KB (so far) compiled binary file generating a 3+ MB intellisense file??!!

sheesh.

Okay thanks, it doesn''t bother me that it''ll just recreate it..

Guest Anonymous Poster
I don''t now how it works in .NET but in VSC++ 6.0 you can right-click the project and choose clean whick removes all those bogus file it generates.

/Fredrik

The NCB is also for the ClassView. Basically I wouldn''t bother deleting it, but if you ever upload source code, it''s probably best not to include the ncb as it''s not necessary - a default one will be created when the dsp (the project file) is loaded.

~CGameProgrammer( );