Full Sail opinions

Started by
24 comments, last by SpaceRogue 20 years, 10 months ago
evaclear,

Thanks for the information. I think Full Sail would be good for me except for the fact I can''t go without work for that long. I know I could make the most of it. I work hard and learn fast. Self-teaching myself game programming is tortuously slow when I can only manage it in my (very rare) spare time. I wouldn''t be betting my familiy''s future on it as I can always fall back on my current career if a job failed to materialize. I make good money and I''m not looking to get rich in game development. In fact I am certain I''d make less money in game development than I currently do (unless I became very good, or very lucky). I just want to make games. The only reason I want to do it professionally rather than as a side job or hobby is that I want to concentrate on games, and not be distracted having to keep up with a completely different career. I want to be as good as possible at it.

spg,

I think I mentioned that getting a CS degree the conventional way isn''t really practical for me, since that would involve an even bigger expenditure of time than Full Sail. haro had some interesting ideas however.
Advertisement
I recently just graduated from Full Sail under the new program, and I would be happy to answer anyone's questions about my experience while attending. Aim me at "slackertheory" with any specific questions about the courses or email me thru my profile.

[edited by - mryellow on June 3, 2003 5:40:29 PM]

[edited by - mryellow on June 3, 2003 5:41:47 PM]
Joey AlfecheFull Sail Game Design Grad June '03Website: www.thebestgameprogrammer.com
What about DigiPen?
Are the complete game projects done in groups or on an individual basis?
during the time at full sail you will be assigned to several small group work, but there are 2 major group projects that makes you develop a game with your classmates. The first one happens half way thru the degree where you are placed in a group of about 4 to 5 classmates and have about a month to work on a game. Then you have your final project assignment where you work in a group of 4 or more classmates in your last 3 months of the degree. You spend about a month of preproduction and the other 2 months working on code. They also just added an intern program where they recruit other students from the other degrees at full sail to help produce assets for your final project. Our team was lucky enough to get talented audio interns, animators, 2D artists, and 3D modelers to make all our assets for our game.
Joey AlfecheFull Sail Game Design Grad June '03Website: www.thebestgameprogrammer.com
That sounds pretty cool. Who ends up owning the rights to the games?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement