im a beginner

Started by
11 comments, last by spitfirz 20 years, 10 months ago
quote: original post by spitfirz
well i duno if ill go n buy more books but if anyone here has any good links to some free ebooks id appreciate it.

try this first

w 3 schools

Cprogramming.com

Cplusplus.com

Regards.

EDIT: fixed a link

[edited by - pacman2003 on June 3, 2003 2:24:59 AM]
Advertisement
quote:Original post by cowsarenotevil
quote:Original post by demonrealms
Sams teach yourself is almost the worst book you can buy.
You can NOT possibly learn all their is to c++ in that amount of time. The book also doesn't explain things well.
This code is so hairy that I can hardly make sense of it. It jumps around all over the place. I would just get a new book, or check out some tutorials. Sigh...I guess I need to start putting up a tutorial on c++ on my site. Check out http://www.demonrealmstudios.com/tut/vc.php in three days and I'll have a real tutorial started.

I dunno about 24 hours, but C++ in 21 days is one of the best books I've seen...

24 hours is almost the same book, I own it and it's pretty good. It DOES explain the example code. I think the people who say this book is the worst you can buy, have never read it. (Or the Dutch translation is different from the original book )
And sure you can't learn C++ in that amount of time, but you can learn as slow/fast as you want. That the title says 24 hours, doesn't mean you must finish it in 24 hours...

I thought the starter of this topic meant to say: I coded with Teach yourself C++ in 24 hours, and I found this tutorial code and it's syntaxis is quite a bit different from the code I've learned from the book, so can someone explain it to me.

[edited by - Marjolein on June 3, 2003 3:11:23 PM]
its from the book but the explanation they gave i didnt quite understand.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement