i just have to ask u guys...

Started by
11 comments, last by mr_mrz 20 years, 10 months ago
I tought myself with C++ for Dummies. I just did it in my free time, and I took two or three mnoths to learn everything. I didn''t give up at all. Sometimes, I would skip a concept and go back to it, but thats about it.

Scott Simontis
Game Programmer in Training
Have a nice day!
Current Project: Learn DirectX
Scott SimontisMy political blog
Advertisement
cool some good replies this cpmmunity is really cool everytime i read a new messagee im more happy to be a part of it (now if i only knew how to make a crying smiley hehe)

"Hello World!!!"
"Hello World!!!"
I started with Basic, then went to Visual Basic, then C and never left (though I do swing to C++ now and again ;D) My first book was called "C in english" and I also read "C for dummies". I''ve been at it for a good 4-5 years now, although I was interested in programming since (before)high school. My counselor asked me "what do you want to do when you get out" I said "make video games" she looked at me funny and signed me up for these computer graphing/CAD programs and art classes, apparently they didn''t have much for computer courses back then. That was when I was 13. I''m 22 now.. It took me a LONG time to figure out what I should concentrate on, what language to use, tools, etc. I''m pretty solid on this. Now I''m more concerned with the release of my first title, and the business side of things (which I found, is also extremely complicated) I though it would be easy to make games. MAN was I WRONG!
this place is lame

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement