did i make the right choice?

Started by
17 comments, last by mr_mrz 20 years, 10 months ago
hahah thanks i guess i need to stop asking silly questions then.

"Hello World!!!"
"Hello World!!!"
Advertisement
quote:Original post by mr_mrz
hahah thanks i guess i need to stop asking silly questions then.

"Hello World!!!"
The only silly questions are the non-sincere ones.

I''m one of the Visual Studio 6.0 crowd, myself. (Of the DX camp)

--------------------------~The Feature Creep of the Family~
I use CodeWarrior for all my C/C++ development needs.

I wouldn''t exactly recommend it. It does what I need it to do, but after using VC++ a bit, I''d choose VC++ if given the choice.

"Last time, I asked: ''What does mathematics mean to you?'' And some people answered: ''The manipulation of numbers, the manipulation of structures.'' And if I had asked what music means to you, would you have answered: ''The manipulation of notes?''" - S. Lang
You don't need to vote for the "lesser of two evils"! Learn about Instant Runoff Voting, the simple cure for a broken democracy!
yea i dont have a choice anymore but i did see some great deals for pro and enterprise on ebay too good to be true.
i''ve also downloaded and instaled dev-c++4 it doesnt even support my scrll mouse and was an instant turn off i didnt try page down tho... it might have been fixed in 4.01 or 5 beta but im not gonna use the beta and im not sure how to install 4.01 yet. do i just overwrite the exe?

"Hello World!!!"
"Hello World!!!"
Whooaa!

Am I the only one who still uses notepad to write code?!!?

lol actually I only use it if I need to make a quick change.. for some reason VC takes long to load when I need to edit a C++ file...

www.cppnow.com
Visual Studio for me.

-- Steve --
-- Steve --
yea i dont have a choice anymore but i did see some great deals for pro and enterprise on ebay too good to be true.
i''ve also downloaded and instaled dev-c++4 it doesnt even support my scrll mouse and was an instant turn off i didnt try page down tho... it might have been fixed in 4.01 or 5 beta but im not gonna use the beta and im not sure how to install 4.01 yet. do i just overwrite the exe?

"Hello World!!!"

Get the beta. Yes, it''s a beta, but it''s so much nicer than 4. Code completion, class browsing, package managing etc etc. And it''s the same compiler anyway, the only thing that is beta is the IDE.
-YoshiXGXCX ''99
quote:Original post by YoshiN

"Hello World!!!"

Get the beta. Yes, it''s a beta, but it''s so much nicer than 4. Code completion, class browsing, package managing etc etc. And it''s the same compiler anyway, the only thing that is beta is the IDE.

ok i''ll do that

"Hello World!!!"
"Hello World!!!"
I personally use Dev C++ beta because it doesn''t have all that bloated stuff when developing applications and compiling. Oh sure I have Visual Studio, but I only use the C++ resource editor for dialog boxes.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement