did i make the right choice?

Started by
17 comments, last by mr_mrz 20 years, 10 months ago
a while back i got codewarrior 7.0 pro for windows and i just started to use it and im wondering if i i had made the right choice. what do you think?
"Hello World!!!"
Advertisement
I''ve never used Codewarrior myself, but from what I''ve heard its pretty good. Alot of game developers use it from what I''ve read in interviews.

---------------------------------------------------
laziness is the foundation of efficiency
retrospiral.net | llamas! | megatokyo | FreeBSD | gamedev.net | google
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
I used code warrior for java development previously and was not particularly fond of the IDE. It felt very bloated in my opinion.

For non-java development I couldn''t even imagine using any IDE besides Visual Studio.

yea? thats not good but, i''ve had two copies of visual studio both introodutory editions that came with books i got on programming(i have 4 or more books i had to find the one i was comfortable with). and one of them didnt come with an uninstaller so i thought maybe if i install the other it will install over it and then i can uninstall it with that. luckily it did have an un installer but it didnt install itself over the other version so that sucked. so i said i cant wait anymore i''ve heard so much about visual studio so i got a copy of 6.0 from a friend and installed it. it had no uninstaller and it was messing up my comp so bad that i had to run scandisck defragmenter virus sscan and reinstall win98(it was warez so that might be the prob but it still had no uninstaller like the legit eversion). so now i''m stuck with a legal and illegal copy of some shit that i dont want that doesnt work anyway on my comp. bad experiences with visual studio... although the ide looks a bit more advanced that codewarriors

"Hello World!!!"
"Hello World!!!"
well i''ve read a bit and it seems most people say use dev-c++ or visual studio and since i cant afford to buy another compiler wich do you think i should use? code warrior or dev-c++? maybe i could sell or find a good deal on ebay...

"Hello World!!!"
"Hello World!!!"
well i''ve read a bit and it seems most people say use dev-c++ or visual studio and since i cant afford to buy another compiler wich do you think i should use? code warrior or dev-c++? maybe i could sell or find a good deal on ebay...

"Hello World!!!"
"Hello World!!!"
sorry about that!!!!!!!

[edited by - mr_mrz on June 3, 2003 1:16:41 AM]
"Hello World!!!"
I''m just starting to program again in C++ and so far Dev-C++ seems great to me.

The IDE is simple and customizable, it''s fairly easy to create the small projects I''ve been building so far. I guess my one complaint is that I''ve found the error messages to be a bit vague, but that could be due to the fact I have fairly little compiling experience.

It''s free - you can''t really go wrong trying it can you?
quote:Original post by Sanadan

It''s free - you can''t really go wrong trying it can you?

guess not i think i''ll download devc++ now...

"Hello World!!!"
"Hello World!!!"
Does it do what you want it to do? If so, great! You made the right choice. If not, not so great. You''ve spent a decent amount of money on something you don''t enjoy using. Basically, we can''t tell you if you made the right choice, only if we also made the same choice. For instance, my friend uses Visual C++, he loves it, I hate it. I use Editpad Lite/mingw/msys for developement. It works great for me, but I doubt many would agree.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement