Delphi and openGL problem

Started by
5 comments, last by Dybbuk 20 years, 10 months ago
Hello all, For an assignment in my Delphi classes i have to make a Program. I decided to make a little openGL game. But i ran into some trouble. I never combined openGL and delphi before so i used jan horn''s framework and texture loading routine to start with. (http://www.sulaco.co.za/) I bind some textures and draw some stuff, so far so good But now for that problem: When i try to load any textures in an other unit than my main unit the texture won''t load, and my object remain white/gray. I declare all variables in the other unit but it wil still not work. I tough, i''ll try to fix that problem later and coded on. Next i wanted to make a display list and again it didn''t work. When i made an app with only one unit that code worked fine, but when i copy ased it in my project nothing was drawn when i called the list. I guess these problems are related but have no clue what is causing it. Is it a Delphi or openGL related problem? I haven''t got much experience with delphi, but this even stumped my teachers.... If somebody want to review my code, reply and i will email it to you.
Advertisement
I use Delphi so will look at your code if you like - are you sure in your ''USES'' statement for the other unit you''re including ALL the relevant files? Are there any differences between the Uses statement in the main form ?

If you want to program Opengl in Delphi I would personally recommend the DOT library from Tom Nuydens (totally free!)

(http://www.delphi3d.net)
I use the exact same include statements. But it would be nice if you would take a look at the code. I''ll mail it to you asap
are you trying to load the textures before opengl has been initialised?

when you are loading the textures, are all of your buffers set sufficiently large to allow for the number you are generating?

GLuint textures[n];

AUX_RGBImageRec *TextureImage[n];

glGenTextures(n, &texture[0]);

all these lines need the same number of textures "n". I had exactly the same problem, which took me a while to figure out.
Hi

If you download this from the same site it will make things a lot easier.

Just declare a TGLuint:

mytexture: TGLuint;

"- call the load function. LoadTexture(''images/mytexture.jpg'', myTexture, FALSE);
and then you can bind the texture."

This should work from any unit, good luck

DGDev - The Delphi Games Development Community
______________________________DGDev - The Delphi Games Development Community
Damn i feel stupid...

I generated diplay lists in de form.create, thus before my rendering context was created. I haven''t had tinme to fix it, but i am sure this is the problem...

Doesn''t it always that the simplest problems are the herdest to find..

Thx for all you replies guys!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement