Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

region for texture stretching?

This topic is 5311 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

after looking around for a while i begin to wonder if this feature/extension really exists or if i just had a (not exactly) bad dream. i was sure there was a way to specify a region of a texture that will be used if the texture has to be stretched. at the moment this would be perfect for a general button texture, so the edges wont change and only one row/column of pixels will be used to stretch the texture to the required size. much like clamping the texture will rather copy the edge of the texture this would come in extremely handy for all my gui stuff. the reason im asking is that i had the expression of dirty region in my mind which seems to be something completely different. else, how could i achieve the same effect without dividing the button into 9 pieces (corners, edges and body)?

No, because OpenGl Uses Linear/Nearest filtering to expand or minimze textures, these methods do not allow for areas to be spcified for textue tileing, or streaching

[edited by - Xero-X2 on June 3, 2003 1:27:09 PM]

hm.. must have been d3d then. i found something about dirty regions in textures there but after reading it again i''m not sure if even thats what i thought it is.

well, more work for the "artist" then.