Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fly3D

This topic is 5310 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just bought the book, "3D Games: Real Time Rendering and Software Technology Vol I" and it comes with a CD that has the Fly3D SDK. Is this engine any good?

Guest Anonymous Poster
http://www.fly3d.com.br/

I downloaded it probly about 6+ months ago.
I thought it was really nice.
I only played with it for a few days though.

If it can ease the development of your desired project, then it is ''good''. If it can not, then it is not good. Not to be banal but even the most horribly inefficiently written engine is "good" if it helps your development. Try the engine and determine if it is good or not by yourself.

Fly3D is by no means a "bad" engine... However, I really don''t think it''s very practical for any commercial products (but, then again, I''m of the mind that no 3rd party engine is practical for a commercial product). That said, the engine can function as a great learning tool, it uses some practices that I think should be used by a lot of programmers (ie. things that I feel are fundamental to engine design, and believe others should follow the same philosophy).