Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[Visual C++ 6.0] Problem, Parameter info not showing?

This topic is 5305 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello... I have a question about VC6.0... Sometimes, when I''m calling a function, the parameter info is not showing. Even if I right click then I click on parameter info, I can''t see it... It''s the samething with Class info, to see all the members from an class via an object... For exemple, if I defined this function: int Bob( int a, int b ) { return a+b; } When i''m writing the function Bob( I usually see the parameter info: " Bob( int a, int b )" But something I just can''t see it for no reason and it become annoying I hope someone can help.. Thanks

i have the same problem with VC7. It works randomly, some times for only some projects, then only for some source files or even only for header files, or only for stl namespaces and objects.

it is very annoying....

If I''m not mistaken the header files must be added in the project folder. Then it shouldn''t be any problem at all.
And if you code the function before decalring it in the header you might end up without any information too I think.

The Lord says He can get me out of this mess, but He''s pretty sure you''re fucked.
- Stephen (Braveheart)

quote:
Original post by Willbo
If I''m not mistaken the header files must be added in the project folder. Then it shouldn''t be any problem at all.
And if you code the function before decalring it in the header you might end up without any information too I think.

The Lord says He can get me out of this mess, but He''s pretty sure you''re fucked.
- Stephen (Braveheart)

No, I don''t think it is the problem
Even when everything is correct ( header files added in project folder and function already declared ) I still have the problem

Intelli-sense (as it''s called) is a great idea. It really speeds up development time, saving you from looking up function params and speeding up your typing.

Unfortunatly, as Gammastrahler mentioned, it only works about 50% of the time. I really wish MS would get off their arses and fix this.

"That''s not a bug, it''s a feature!"
--me