Audio

Started by
4 comments, last by kmaz 20 years, 10 months ago
When programming with OpenGL, what is the best way to play audio? Is there a way to play audio files without using an external library? Thanks -KMaz
Advertisement
Best way is to use DirectX, OpenAL or other sound libary, Opengl Dosn''t support any form of sound. it is graphics only. Look around, there are plenty of options, if you want a more detailed list of options do a search on the forums.
"I seek knowledge and to help those who also seek it"
OpenAL is great since you are already used to OpenGL. It is very similar in its structure.
Ya, I suggest OpenAL too. If your a GCC user you can get the ports on my website www.geocities.com/fragtheplanet.

[edited by - MindCode on June 4, 2003 3:25:19 PM]
That's just my understanding; I could be wrong.
quote:Original post by MindCode
Ya, I suggest OpenAL too. If your a GCC user you can get the ports on my website www.geocities.com/fragtheplanet.

Thanks!!
I was just looking for libraries for mingw!!
I don''t know if this is because of your libalut, but when I try to use alutLoadWAVFile, I get linking time errors:

C:/MINGW/BIN/../lib/gcc-lib/mingw32/3.2/../../../libalut.a(alut.o.b)(.text+0x57):alut.c: undefined reference to `_imp__alcGetCurrentContext''
C:/MINGW/BIN/../lib/gcc-lib/mingw32/3.2/../../../libalut.a(alut.o.b)(.text+0x67):alut.c: undefined reference to `_imp__alcGetContextsDevice''

But I cope without alut, because I use vorbisfile anyway to load sound effects.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement