Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about openGL game books?

This topic is 5306 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So I''m looking for a book that well help me design a basic OpenGL engine. I''m more interested, at this point, in the specific code, programming techniques, structure, etc. than in the math and theory (because I already have a book on that). Anyone have any pointers? I saw this book, "OpenGL Game Programming," might be up my alley: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0761533303/gamedev/103-0139748-2986221

OK, i''m a noob. I did see the recommendation for the book in the "For Beginners" section on this site.

Are there any other openGL game books out there?

Guest Anonymous Poster
I bought it and like it. OpenGL Game Programming

quote:
Original post by Agape
I''m more interested, at this point, in the specific code, programming techniques, structure, etc. than in the math and theory (because I already have a book on that).
In our book, we intentionally focused on the implementation more than the theory. The math and theory are important, no question, but other books cover them quite well, and our goal was to enable the reader to get something up and running quickly, since, IMO, nothing is more satisfying than actually being able to put pixels on the screen.

For a better idea of what''s covered, check out the link in my sig.

Dave "Myopic Rhino" Astle
Senior Engineer, Qualcomm Gaming and Graphics
Executive Producer and COO, GameDev.net
Author, OpenGL Game Programming

"I only wish I could kiss [YannL''s] wonderful buttocks!" - Grizwald

I got OpenGL Game Programming, too. I''m not the brightest in the programming world, as I am only 12, so I have decided to read Windows Game Programming for Dummies first.

Scott Simontis
Game Programmer in Training
Have a nice day!
Current Project: Learn DirectX