From Classical Radiosity to ...

Started by
114 comments, last by HellRaiZer 20 years, 10 months ago
Thank you all!!!

Yann you are right. I can''t find how i can make my calculator better, so i must stack with the existing one. I won''t give up searching this kind of staff, but i''ll focus on something else for now. As you suggest i''ll test it with a more complex enviroments, try to speed it up with BSPs etc. and make it more workable. At this moment every change to initial values (like radiosity multiplier, lightmap''s densities, shadows, etc.) need recompiling!!!! I must make the inteface for it, to make it more usefull. Thanks one more time for the help, and when i finish it, maybe you see another thread on radiosity, talking about how i made it!!! Who knows???

Final request (for having something to search!!!).
Where should i start looking for things like :
1) Spectral Power Distribution and how to use it.
2) Tone Reproduction and color remapping (Histograms, exposure, etc.)
3) Multi-band approaches and how to extend the 3-band thing (!!!)
4) General on light transport and more color theory.
5) What CIE curve means, and how to use for correct color displaying.

I must say that i have found a lot of stuff on those things, but all of them were either very "academic" or general. Nothing detailed, or in a "tutorial" form.
And not a single one of them had something to do with cg!!
Its easier to learn when you have code inside theory, don''t you think??

Btw, Yann you said earlier, that you had some books to suggest on this theory. Can you post them???

Thanks again all of you, and especially Yann L, and DavepermEn, for your help. I want to believe that somebody else (except me) have learned from this post. This is about 5000 looks at it. Somebody must have read it all!!!!!!!

HellRaiZer
HellRaiZer
Advertisement
quote:Original post by HellRaiZer
Thanks again all of you, and especially Yann L, and DavepermEn, for your help. I want to believe that somebody else (except me) have learned from this post. This is about 5000 looks at it. Somebody must have read it all!!!!!!!

learned a lot myself, too. thanks for the post:D

"take a look around" - limp bizkit
www.google.com
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

quote:Original post by davepermen
quote:Original post by HellRaiZer

learned a lot myself, too. thanks for the post:D

"take a look around" - limp bizkit
www.google.com

I learned a lot thanks to this thread, when I''ll have some time (damn university and damn stupid sw engineering courses....) I''ll try to do my own radiosity render!
Interesting thread, yes. It finally made me implement spherical harmonics, and made me realize that they aren''t as bad as I initially thought
Indeed, a very interesting thread. Has inspired me to do(attempt ) a metropolis transport renderer. In OCaml
I''ve kept a close eye on this thread since it started. Very good and very informative. Kinda reminds me of other great threads from the past (YannL''s cloud thread for example). I want to see more threads like this!

Sander Maréchal
[Lone Wolves Game Development][RoboBlast][Articles][GD Emporium][Webdesign][E-mail]

GSACP: GameDev Society Against Crap Posting
To join: Put these lines in your signature and don''t post crap!

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement