Need a good tutorial

Started by
4 comments, last by Scrow 20 years, 10 months ago
Hey, I''m looking for an easy to follow, step by step, "nuts and bolts" tutorial which will take me through the process of making a simple 2D game (puzzle, platformer, whatever) from start to finish. I''ve never made a game before, but I have experience with programming languages such as Java and C. Any suggestions? Link me.
I like stories...
Advertisement
There is a what so far seems to be a great tutorial for making a Tetris clone right here on GameDev.net. You can find the tutorials <a href="http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/forum.asp?forum_id=33">here</a>. I''m in the process of following this tutorial myself. Eventually, you will need to download some files to continue following the tutorial, and the website that originally hosted them no longer exist, but some people still have them. I''m trying to get a hold of the files myself, and if I get them, I''ll send them to you if you''re interested.
Bah, that was me, BTW

I quit trying to link

[edited by - Schwowsers on June 4, 2003 5:16:42 AM]

[edited by - Schwowsers on June 4, 2003 5:17:37 AM]
You can also try Game Maker 5.0 at http://www.gamemaker.nl/
Point and click making, or you can use GML GAME MAKER LANGUAGE to make games. Many tutorials on the site and in the forum.

Experience in GML, Game Maker, Visual Basic, HTML, and good at thinking of great game ideas! If you have questions just e-mail me @ dudeiskate@comcast.net
Experience in GML, Game Maker, Visual Basic, HTML, and good at thinking of great game ideas! If you have questions just e-mail me @ dudeiskate@comcast.net
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
I''m trying to get a hold of the files myself, and if I get them, I''ll send them to you if you''re interested.
Yes, I would appreciate that. You can send them to gavdb@hotmail.com

Thanks

I like stories...
Learn an API first. A good place to learn openGL is:
NeHe Productions
Or learn SDL. Get it somewhere, and use cone3D to learn it.

Scott Simontis
Game Programmer in Training
Have a nice day!
Current Project: Learn DirectX
Scott SimontisMy political blog

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement