Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

.NET?

This topic is 5305 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi. I''m new here, so be gentle please :-) I''m an accomplished vbscript coder who''s in the process of looking into game development. I''ve looked with interest at a lot of the tutorials on this website, but I can''t help wondering if I should be programming in .NET rather than in ''unmanaged'' c++ as I imagine .NET will be easier to learn (from a vbscript background at least). I''ve previously downloaded the DirectX8 SDK, but the new DirectX 9 SDK includes reference to managed DirectX hence my query of learing game programming in .NET (since I''m a new starter anyway - I figure it makes sense to learn the new ''language''). I''m downloading the 9.0a SDK as I type, so some of these questions might be answered in there, but I''d appreciate your opinions. Many Thanks, David.

I say you go for .net if you have already bought, if you haven''t then go for unmanaged... Like Dev-C++... I use .net and love it.

BattleGuard

Whenever I try to find a better signature than this... Well, I can''t... This is it, Sorry...