• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nildo

OpenGL Cant see openGl

This topic is 5645 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello. Just yesterday i formated my computer, and now i cant even open openGl programs. It raises exception and i have to restart my computer. Why ? Thank you

Advertisement

Probably a graphics/other driver problem. If an application crashes when it''s accessing graphics hardware, it can crash your computer sometimes. Isn''t supposed to happen though.

Make sure you have the latest drivers installed.

Edo

I''ve installed directX. It solved my problem.
Ahh... directX 9.0 is very good. It make my openGl programs fastier

Thanx for all

It all depends on the drivers used. Some drivers may use parts of DirectGraphics.

-----------------------
"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else''s drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack

Dunno. But i installed directX and now i can see everything very well. Cause when i didnt have directX, i couldnt see any openGl program

Yeah, but aren''t all OpenGL implementations for windows based of off Microsofts original OpenGL32? They never incorporated DX into the design because it wasn''t around back then. Unless your card has some shared functionality, which is just plain weird. What card do you have?

quote:
Original post by MindCode
Yeah, but aren''t all OpenGL implementations for windows based of off Microsofts original OpenGL32? They never incorporated DX into the design because it wasn''t around back then. Unless your card has some shared functionality, which is just plain weird. What card do you have?

Actually, in quite a few modern cards OpenGL accesses the Direct3D libs. Don''t ask why, though...

Now a days the opengl32 is just a wrapped interface to the real opengl dll (nvogl.dll for nvidia) it does nearly nothing anymore.. in fact, i bet you should get opengl to run just fine without opengl32 if you just get the function pointers out of the ''real'' dll

Guest Anonymous Poster
Hi all,

MazyNoc is right and I know the Nvidia drivers access ddraw.dll for sure because one of their beta drivers was crashing in OGL all the time a while back. The AV was occuring in DDRAW.DLL so they must do something with directX.

I read somewhere that dx is used for startup code or something when an OGL app first grabs the device context...could be wrong though

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!