Programming RPG with DirectX ( DX 9 code )

Started by
25 comments, last by SirPaladin 20 years, 10 months ago
In an older post Mr. Adams mentioned a DirectX 9 version of his engine code he was going to release when his book was done. Has that happened? When I search on this forum, I get errors, so I apologize if this is a repetitive post. Thanks, Paladin
Advertisement
I don''t think this will ever happen.

.lick
You should have no problems doing the conversion yourself. The differences are fairly minor and are documented here:

Converting to DirectX 9.0
Yeah, I THINK I can do it, but it was mentioned by Jim in the past that he would is the only reason I''m asking. Probably a good idea to learn by doing it myself. I guess I can start asking questions if I get stuck.

Thanks for the link.

Does Jim still monitor this board?

Sorry everybody - I''m still here, just been working 14 hours a day for the last week. I should have more time to look over the messages this Monday. As for the DX port, I still want to do so, but time is very tight for me now.
ouch... 14 hour days? Man, that can make anyone go insane. Glad you are still around.

What do you do? Not writing another book?!

.lick
Jim - What''s happening with your animation book?

It seems to be finished, but I pre-ordered it 3 months ago still no sign of it.
I have been working on updating the code from the book to DirectX 9 but hit a road block when I got to the skinned mesh part. This area of the API has been radically changed between releases 8 and 9. Maybe Jim''s new book will help but I haven''t seen it available anywhere yet.

-dizzy
Game Institute Intern
-dizzyGame Institute InternPlease rate me. :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement