• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SirPaladin

Programming RPG with DirectX ( DX 9 code )

This topic is 5658 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

In an older post Mr. Adams mentioned a DirectX 9 version of his engine code he was going to release when his book was done. Has that happened? When I search on this forum, I get errors, so I apologize if this is a repetitive post. Thanks, Paladin

Advertisement
Yeah, I THINK I can do it, but it was mentioned by Jim in the past that he would is the only reason I''m asking. Probably a good idea to learn by doing it myself. I guess I can start asking questions if I get stuck.

Thanks for the link.

Sorry everybody - I''m still here, just been working 14 hours a day for the last week. I should have more time to look over the messages this Monday. As for the DX port, I still want to do so, but time is very tight for me now.

Jim - What''s happening with your animation book?

It seems to be finished, but I pre-ordered it 3 months ago still no sign of it.

I have been working on updating the code from the book to DirectX 9 but hit a road block when I got to the skinned mesh part. This area of the API has been radically changed between releases 8 and 9. Maybe Jim''s new book will help but I haven''t seen it available anywhere yet.

-dizzy
Game Institute Intern

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!