How to add an icon to my exe file?

Started by
4 comments, last by Hedos 20 years, 10 months ago
Hello, I would like to know how can I add an icon ( .ico ) to my .exe file? I''m using Visual C++ 6.0 Thanks
Advertisement
If it's the same as in MSVC++5 ... create a new resource script (File->New...) and add it to your project (should be added anyway). Then open the resource script by double clicking on it in the FileViewer. Right click on your resource and choose Import... to choose an existing icon, or choose Insert... and create a new icon.

Edit: Have a search on Google next time you have a question like this.

[ Google || Start Here || ACCU || MSDN || STL || GameCoding || BarrysWorld || E-Mail Me ]

[edited by - Lektrix on June 4, 2003 4:43:24 PM]
[ Google || Start Here || ACCU || STL || Boost || MSDN || GotW || CUJ || MSVC++ Library Fixes || BarrysWorld || [email=lektrix@barrysworld.com]E-Mail Me[/email] ]
What''s the use of a forum if everyone replies "Search on Google before you ask."?
It creates a rich base of answers to the more illusive questions, while filtering out the oft-answered questions that can be found all over the place. You seem to think that utilizing other people is the best first step in finding an answer to your problem, but the actual first step is seeking out information provided by those who have come before, by searching your extant resources (Google, forum search, etc.) before consuming community resources to answer questions which were solved before you got your first compiler.

Later,
ZE.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

quote:Original post by Marjolein
What's the use of a forum if everyone replies "Search on Google before you ask."?

1. I didn't just reply with "Search on Google before you ask"; I gave a full answer to his question.

2. The use of the forums is to help people who are stuck with a problem that they just cannot find a solution to using the information available to them. It not only wastes the people who respond's time if the resolution can easily be found on a search engine, but also the orignal poster's time, as they will generally find a better/fuller explanation by searching the web.

[ Google || Start Here || ACCU || MSDN || STL || GameCoding || BarrysWorld || E-Mail Me ]

[edited by - Lektrix on June 4, 2003 5:09:07 PM]
[ Google || Start Here || ACCU || STL || Boost || MSDN || GotW || CUJ || MSVC++ Library Fixes || BarrysWorld || [email=lektrix@barrysworld.com]E-Mail Me[/email] ]
quote:Original post by Hedos
Hello, I would like to know how can I add an icon ( .ico ) to my .exe file?
I''m using Visual C++ 6.0

Thanks

It''s the icon resource with the lowest ID value that will show up in explorer

My Site

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement