Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

help code a awsome game

This topic is 5305 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi. me and my team are making a medieval style game using the 3d game engine from conitec. its called 3dgamestudio * www.3dgamestudio.com ther language that u code in gamestudio with is c-script its like almost identical to c but geared on the gameing side so i figured if alot of ppl here code in c++ they should have no problem with c-script. so if anyone here would like to help us out please reply ill get back to you. oh n i don't got the finances to pay anyone sorry. but we would appreciate anyone who would like to help us. thanks [edited by - spitfirz on June 4, 2003 5:51:54 PM]

/me tosses him another, one is not enough.

Gamedev for learning.
libGDN for putting it all together.
An opensource, cross platform, cross API game development library.

I''ll assume that you don''t have much experience with 3D Gamestudio, or you would see that there has not been a single quality product made with it, and that their system looks like it was made by a couple different groups. Fun to play around with though, i suppose.. it would take a load of tweaking though (including rewriting all those crap-tacular prebuilt movement and enemy libraries). I wouldn''t be surprised if a quality game was produced, i would just fear that someone spent all that time rewriting that code.

ok first no im not a big company, 2nd thers a new version of it , check out the features page. 3rd all u would do is program so i dont get y u care if thers been a commercial quality game made with it and for starters thers a multi-million funded company makinga game with it to show ppl what it can really do. oviously its not aimed for big huge corporatons but hobbiest. so maybe thats y ther hasnt been a quality commercial game. all im askin is for some help in making something cool., so if anyone else would like to help us plz reply n plz dont post if u dont wana help,

[edited by - spitfirz on June 4, 2003 7:02:35 PM]

the reason y i posted here was cuz i figured that ther would be at least a couple of ppl interested but i guess i thought wrong oh well guess ill try another forum.

you might want to post more about the project. It takes alot of time to program a game and people usualy like to know more about what you are doing before they say they will help. Might try the help wanted board. Also if you have done any past work post some screens or something so people can see what you have done ect. If you show people you can do something they are often more willing to help. Mainly post more info, game programming is time consumming you can''t say a few lines and expect people to jump at it. Just reveal a bit more before you give up. Oh and the most talented independent game makers I have seen are on this forum, and these are the people that know what they are doing. If you don''t reveal more about your project you will most likely be met with the same type of responses. Though the people on these boards are somtimes extra harsh...

Hey, go easy on this guy.

I too, get pissed off with all these wannabe''s giving themselves company names and shooting for the moon but this guy is not one of them. All he''s said is that he and a group of others are trying to get started and would welcome any help.

There are an awful lot of posters that ask for ''the moon on a stick'' from the regular forum-goers and that, understandably, gets on everyones goat. The majority of responses often suggest that these newbies start out with something simple and appreciate that they have to rub sticks if they want to make a fire. This guy is doing exactly that and already people are already getting ready to pounce. I say this...

spitfirz, I can''t help you but I wish you the best of luck buddy.

i guess people would more likely want to create their own engine instead of working for a hobby project without payment

reasons
1. they get a reference for what they have done
2. they can do what ever they want with their work
3. a lot of people have a job and don t want to spend a lot of time on hobby project like yours
4. you don t seem to be a professional you didn t even care about the forum rules

in my eyes this is just another noob help wanted topic in the wrong forum which should be deleted .

ok sory if i pissed a couple ppl off .but 1 im new to gamedev.net so i figured game programing would be the placee to ask so sory if its the wrong place. 2nd we have a design doc if anyone here wants to read it and ill get my forum guy to let the public have access to screenshots area. so if u think u might have the slightess interest i can send anyone a copy of the design doc and u can have a look. the game itself is in medival times and u area a teen who wants to travel and leave his farm. upon travelling u hear word that the princess of bla bla has gone missing but in reality she ran off to find the sacred dwarven chalice of ulitmate power. the power to control the ancient dragon race. and so the player goes off on an adventure to stop her. its breif but i think it explains the main jist of it. so ya if u want more info email me at rynomann2002@yahoo.ca n i can send u the design doc.

oh and heres the link to the forum.

http://hackandslash.proboards18.com/index.cgi

so untill screenshots is made public ull have to wait to see the screens.

I can''t help you, but good luck with the game. Having a design document is more than most of the "i gonna maek teh greatets gaem evar, any1 wanna help? u will get paid if we get pubishled!!1" types have.
With that said, you might want to stop using abbreviations like ''u'' (you) and ''y'' (why), and use proper punctuation. You''d be taken a lot more seriously then.

For crying out loud, she has fishes coming out of her head on either side. How can you find this hot?!

I have to agree with Valderman, here. There is absolutely *NO WAY* I will take you seriously when you post like this:

quote:

ok sory if i pissed a couple ppl off .but 1 im new to gamedev.net so i figured game programing would be the placee to ask so sory if its the wrong place. 2nd we have a design doc if anyone here wants to read it and ill get my forum guy to let the public have access to screenshots area. so if u think u might have the slightess interest i can send anyone a copy of the design doc and u can have a look. the game itself is in medival times and u area a teen who wants to travel and leave his farm. upon travelling u hear word that the princess of bla bla has gone missing but in reality she ran off to find the sacred dwarven chalice of ulitmate power. the power to control the ancient dragon race. and so the player goes off on an adventure to stop her. its breif but i think it explains the main jist of it. so ya if u want more info email me at rynomann2002@yahoo.ca n i can send u the design doc.

1. Spend time proof reading what you write.
2. Start your sentences with a capital letter.
3. Always capitalize "I", "I''m" and "I''ll".
4. Don''t use "u" for you.
5. Don''t use "y" for why.
6. Don''t have run-on sentences!
7. Check your spelling! I counted no less than 15 spelling errors in that short paragraph!

Sorry man, but you will always be the laughing stock among professionals unless you start acting like a professional. You need to convince others that you are actually educated and intelligent. If this is the way you always write, then you are neither!

1. Spend time proof reading what you write.
2. Start your sentences with a capital letter.
3. Always capitalize "I", "I''m" and "I''ll".
4. Don''t use "u" for you.
5. Don''t use "y" for why.
6. Don''t have run-on sentences!
7. Check your spelling! I counted no less than 15 spelling errors in that short paragraph!

now i now y nobody want to join me mod
i shall run a spell tscheck some taimes
and i shall use propaer punktuation to meke me saund more seariouly