Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Graphic Adventure Game

This topic is 5305 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I have been in the game dev business for 3 years now, and have made strictly real time action and stratagy games. I thought it might be a fun change to try my hand at a graphic adventure game, like Myst. I need help finding an engine or utility to make a game like this. I looked at AGE, but it seems as if this isn''t for sale any more. Does anyone have any reccomendations? Thanks!

as for sound I would recondmend Fmod (and some would say BASS) but they are both not free if you want to make a few $$$ from your project (but are free if you don't).

I've only used fmod (http://www.fmod.org/) but it has some great functions to allow music to fade in and out and other nice things to help with the flow of the game (aswell as being able to embed sync markers into wav files which you may use for animation queues). But it depends on what you actually want..

direct sound will do a decent enough job playing wav files and some music files. The other 2 librarys are available on other platforms so that helps a lot if you want to do that..

many years ago.. wrote a Quill compiler/runner for the amiga/pc.. but that was for old verb/noun text adventures. not much use for you.. sorry..

Jumpman - Under Construction

[edited by - jumpman on June 4, 2003 10:54:48 PM]

Great thanks man!

Well I was working in multimedia TADS, but I decided to brush up on my 3D artwork skills in the proccess, so I turned towards Graphic Adventure, such as Myst or Riven.