Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Direct X problem!

This topic is 5303 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Sorry if this is slightly off-topic. If so I would appreciate someone telling me where to ask this question. I noticed that since I installed DX9, There have been lots of annoying strange problems with my display. I am running win2k. First and foremost, when I'm browsing the web with mozilla, if lots of graphics are on the page, the screen will freeze, but my mouse will be visible. If I move my mouse down to the shortcut/taskbar thingy on the left, the screen will black out and then reappear and everything works again. Note that moving my mouse down there causes the '3d' effect to happen and this is my hunch as to what triggers this. Secondly, any game I try to play with Direct3D or DirectX runs HORRIBLY slow. I mean really really really slow. Every cycle takes way longer than it should. Does anyone know of a fix? I have the latest nvidia driver and DirectX 9a. Thanks! -E [edited by - ericmattes on June 4, 2003 9:28:39 PM]