DirectX7.0 - Sound for MP3

Started by
6 comments, last by myfirstgame 20 years, 10 months ago
I see some online game that have mp3 file in their background music folder, so, i want to ask a question, can directx7 play mp3?
Advertisement
Not sure about DX 7, but I know DX 8 can do it with DirectShow. Take a look at the (painfully outdated) DX 7 SDK docs in the DirectShow section and see.

Ryan Buhr
Reactor Interactive, LLC.
www.reactorinteractive.net

Ryan Buhr

Technical Lead | Sector 13

Reactor Interactive, LLC

Facebook | Twitter

Oh, and do yourself a favor and start with DirectX 9.0. Don''t even bother learning DX 7.

Ryan Buhr
Reactor Interactive, LLC.
www.reactorinteractive.net

Ryan Buhr

Technical Lead | Sector 13

Reactor Interactive, LLC

Facebook | Twitter

As you say, you mean i need to learn Direct X 8.0 or 9.0 instead of DirectX 7.0? but is it have too many different between Direct X 7.0 , Directx 8.0 and Directx9.0
When I do the game, i just have directx8.0 SDK, so, if i learn Directx9.0, how can i found DirectX 9.0 SDK?

I am learning directx7.0, so, is it difficult to change Directx9.0 and is it have so many different between them

thx for your help
Where can I found more information about Directx9.0? Thx
go to msdn.microsoft.com/directx
download the dx9 sdk and go through the tutorials that are included

dx7 and dx8 are quite a bit different

dx7 requires initialising directdraw and all this other stuff
dx8 is wrapped up all nice
Thanks for you first
Actually, I am learning DirectX7.0 and I am afraid it is quite difficult to understand driectx9.0 and i cannot found enough example about that >_<
If you're working on a 2D game, then you might be better off sticking with 7. DX9 kinda gets rid of DDraw, and it's a bit more difficult to do 2D junk in DX9. Admittedly, you can use a Sprite interface, but DDraw is really so much easier. Then you don't have to worry about Textures, and so on.

Perhaps you should use the BASS sound system library. It's free for noncommercial uses. It works through DirectSound, and all you need is DX3 or later. But it includes support for the DX8 effects.

[Edit]
Oops, my bad. Let me include a link!
http://www.un4seen.com/

[edited by - bob_91321 on June 6, 2003 10:53:46 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement