Try my awful chat program! (Server is DOWN)

Started by
25 comments, last by cowsarenotevil 20 years, 10 months ago
I wanted to see if I could make a chat program in under 50 lines of code... telnet to froggymoo.no-ip.org at port 3000. It's only pseud-realtime, but type stuff to post it, and type ".v" to veiw the current chat! BTW, it can't steal passwords because it all runs on my computer, so don't worry about me acting like yodathecoda!

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~- If you see the image I am online [edited by - cowsarenotevil on June 5, 2003 7:31:49 PM] [edited by - cowsarenotevil on June 5, 2003 9:42:10 PM]
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Advertisement
The server is going to be down in about a half hour, but it will be back up tommorow at 4 PM! I hope someone tries it before then though so I can see if it works...
Hmm... I''ve had one person log on(thanks kuladus), and all seems good. I''ll bring the server down for now. It will be back up tommorow by 4 PM, with bug fixes. I have no idea why I made this, though...
np.

it was a bit...umm...bland tho.

-------------------------------- --- YOUR CHAT PROGRAM SUCKS! --- -------------------------------- 

It needs more naked girls.

[edited by - ShoelessManiac on June 5, 2003 7:00:47 AM]
I wonder if the moderators could, you know, umm, like make sure this program didn''t come from a yodathecoda IP address...

Heck, it would be nice if gamedev.net had a malous code checking program, where it would just make sure the obvous things are NOT in any program posted...that way the posting could be gamedev.net certified....

~~~~~Screaming Statue Software. | OpenGL FontLibWhy does Data talk to the computer? Surely he's Wi-Fi enabled... - phaseburn
Like IntrawebGetCooky()?
I don''t think Yoda''s program was server-side; you had to actually download a client and run it, from what I understand. I''m sure telnetting to a remote server does not allow it to read your cookies.

~CGameProgrammer( );

~CGameProgrammer( );Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.
quote:Original post by CGameProgrammer
I don''t think Yoda''s program was server-side; you had to actually download a client and run it, from what I understand. I''m sure telnetting to a remote server does not allow it to read your cookies.

Yeah, and how could a 40 line program do that? I used really cheap tricks to get even basic functionality out of it. If anyone doesn''t beleive me, I''ll post the source.
If I''m lucky the server will be back up at one. Thank you for you''re patience!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement