First Games Ever Made

Started by
47 comments, last by DD20 20 years, 10 months ago
After making a little pixilated demo of a starship blowing up the death star, complete with star field =o)

I went to making a simple scroller of starships going right to left... kinda like a 1942 game or something.

This was done in turbo pascal in mode 13h, all built upon a pixel plotting routine i found on the net by...um..... Denthor? I believe

Routines were then created for circle explosions. Ships were saved in matrix''s... I was happy with it =o)

-DD
Advertisement
My first game was written for the Commodore Vic 20 when I was 8 years old. It was so poorly written that it would make many programmers cry It was written in BASIC, and featured a 5x5 map each of which would be initialized with random resources (Gold or Food). Each turn it would print out the map in a grid with *, 1, 2 to indicate wether it was unused or controlled by a player. The objective was to control the whole map. Each turn a player could spend the gold he found on soldiers or food, and each soldier consumed one unit of food each turn. Whoever ran out of food first lost because there was never enough food on the map to support an army that could conquer the whole map. The worst thing about the coding was that I just didn''t understand arrays so each space was its own variable. It was horrible. I wish I was that patient now when writing a program
Well, this is the first game I wrote:
http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=2626
which was written in assembler and a custom scripting language. I''d been programming for around eight years at that time but had mainly done ''cool things'' (like writing a Spectrum Basic emulator in C/Unix, including the editing method).

Skizz
First game was a Paratrooper remake (using MFC/GDI ...slow as hell)
My first game was back in the 1982s on a ZX81, some Olympic game with an ascii man running when repeatedly pressing 1 and 2.

After ZX81 came C64 and then PC.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

HELIKOPT! the 2 player 2D action helicopter simulator, with rockets and bombs! :-)
written in Mac QBASIC on the old Mac II cx, 8 years ago.
Mac QBASIC compared to MS QBASIC is like c++ to &#106avascript(as in the html script language... almost :-) )

Managed to make QBASIC draw moving sprites with singlebuffer screen drawing, and no flickering! :-)
gave up on mac QB when i reached the limit of color graphics ( (crashed with more then 100 * 100 pixels of image data) (4 bit color :-) )
-Anders-Oredsson-Norway-
My first complete game was (and still is) a 2D tetris like game written in C.

http://home.earthlink.net/~sardook
KarsQ: What do you get if you cross a tsetse fly with a mountain climber?A: Nothing. You can't cross a vector with a scalar.
My first was a qbasic text based adventure game. Died not long after, cause my dad deleted it not knowing what it was

i''ve done a lot of stuff between now and then...

one that stands out:

one day i was really bored in school and spent the entire day coding on my ti83+ calculator. I ended up with a 300 line (which is enormous considering the way you ''type'' on a ti) 3d model viewer. I finished it on the bus ride home.
The days of GWBASIC. Oh the pure hell of 8086s.

Modified this text-based Star Trek game where you flew around to various quadrants and killed the K.

Next was overly ambitious but brought me to C. I made a text-based Battletech clone. You could run around in mechs and run into each other for collision damage. Totally turn-based. When it came to implementing the map GWBASIC said, "Not Enough Memory." and then I gave up. hehe

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement