ATTENTION: Updated FAQ

Started by
9 comments, last by Sandman 20 years, 10 months ago
quote:Original post by robert4818
Might I suggest a game CONCEPT forum then. There are a few of us who like to post ideas out there and get constructive criticism on the idea. We might be NOOBS when it comes to design, but the foundation of any design is a concept. And Im sure when someone came up with the idea of EQ or UO that someone said no it can't be done. But eventually someone got to the design phase and said lets make a go of it.

quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Most of the time when someone posts with MMO in the title they only have a few scraps or fragments of an idea, and haven't thought everything out, or even know what they want to discuss. It's a phase that many folks here have gone through, much like the phase where you discuss writing your own programming language. You won't get a lot of responses because folks will assume the person is just going through this phase and will wait until they have worked it out of their system before engaging in real discussion with them.

JSwing hit the nail on the head. Discussing concepts is fine, but I think it would help if people actually put a bit of thought into their concept before posting it. A well written post with a clearly thought out concept will tend to get better feedback than a quickly mashed out post containing a game concept that was thought up five minutes earlier while sitting on the toilet.

I think it would also help if people consider their reasons for posting the game concept in the first place. What exactly do you want the community to do with it?

quote:
it´s "ad nauseam".

Thanks for spotting that. I'll fix it now.

[edited by - Sandman on June 9, 2003 6:22:40 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement